• Ahson Ahmad
  • "Family friendly (2 kids aged 5 & 7) itinerary for 10 days down under?"

Ahson Ahmad

Dublin (California), California

Family friendly (2 kids aged 5 & 7) itinerary for 10 days down under?

My family and I - husband, wife, and two boys aged 7 and 5 - are heading to Oz in about a week and we will be there for 10 days.

Our current itinerary is as follows:

• 5 days in Sydney, where we are staying in The Rocks/Central Sydney area (staying @ the Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney & Radisson Hotel & Suites Sydney)
  • We fly on the afternoon of Day 5 from Sydney airport to Brisbane
  • We don't plan to stay in Brisbane
  • We are planning 3 days in the Gold Coast, staying at the Intercontinental Sanctuary cove
  • Then the last ~2.5 days in the Sunshine Coast, at a beachfront location in Yaroomba.
  • We have a rental car (SUV) booked both in Sydney and Brisbane.

I'm looking for some recommendations of what to do/not to miss in each of these areas as it is our first time to Australia.

In Sydney, I'd guess we'll be more adventurous wanting to see as much as possible and take in the everything the city has to offer. Looking for recommendations here.

In the Gold Coast/Sunshine Coast areas, since we are staying in nice locations practically on the beach, my guess is we will take it slow and just indulge in some relaxation. Here I'm looking for "must do" activities or attractions, since we likely won't have a chance to come back to Australia for some time.

I'm pretty sure my kids would love to see some kangaroos & koala bears so we do plan to check out the Australia Zoo in the Sunshine Coast area. One question is if we are doing that is it still worth checking out other zoos or wildlife centers in Sydney (like Taronga Zoo or Featherdale Wildlife Park)?

So, in short, any recommendations of activities, things to see and do that a family with younger kids could enjoy would be much appreciated!