David
Milwaukee

Sydney

Eating in Sydney - Upscale-Downscale

Hey, All--

I've got a business trip to Sydney this year that I'm hoping to turn into a business/pleasure trip. ;) Trying to research restaurants that would be good (meaning impressive) for the business part, and some that would be reasonable for the personal side. For the business ones--it should be something middle-ground--nothing that only serves, say, kangaroo. For the personal ones--I'm totally game for anything so go for it! 

Thanks ahead of time! Dave

Courtney from San Diego

Hi Dave,

For atmosphere and modern Australia cuisine, I recommend The Gantry Restaurant and Bar at Pier One Sydney Harbour, Autograph Collection® The restaurant has changed hands in the past but the new chef and the updated environment and menus are on point. The food is an honest and uncomplicated approach to local, farm-to-table type cuisine. Nothing fussy but exceptionally presented. 

Depending on the nature of your business you can rent out a private dining area for up to 10 people. Or, just stick to the atmosphere of the bar and restaurant. Make a timely reservation. The sunset view is amazing from here! 

Rob from Costa Rica

Longrain Restaurant & Bar in Surry Hills is a Sydney institution and most dynamic Thai fusion you will ever eat anywhere in the world. Casual dining experience, great for lunch, always take my visitors there. I promise you will not ind anythign like it in the world. Try the egg net, that's the signature dish.

And you can't beat the Icebergs Dining Room and Bar at Bondi Beach for value. Not the swanky "place to be seen-full of botox women" crap upstairs, go to the Icebergs club, same building, but downstairs. As an outta towner you'll be able to sign in ( it's a pub/club ), the food is fantastic, fresh and good value ($12-25 - yep, that's considered value in the most expensive city in the world) but you will enjoy an uninterrupted view of the stunning Sydney coastline. And pub prices for beers and wine!

1. Icebergs Dining Room and Bar (restaurant)
  2. Longrain Restaurant & Bar (attraction)