• Štěpán Pták
  • "14 days roadtrip ULURU and back from SYDNEY"

14 days roadtrip ULURU and back from SYDNEY

Hello travelers!

I would like to ask for a bit of help with the trip I am planning after the New Year 2018.

The plan is to rent a car in a group of 4 and depart from Sydney on the 1st of January 2018 for a 14 days trip heading to Uluru and back, driving through Canberra, Melbourne and Great Ocean road and then back to Sydney, potentially, if there is enough time, going on the way back through Brisbane and Gold Coast.

Has anyone done such trip and would be keen to share his/her experience and itinerary?

Our way of travelling is usually to rent a car and then just drive around places, cooking our own, sleeping either in the car, some free camps in the tents or just like that outside next to the car.
We are planning to rent a bigger 4WD car so we can drive it in the outback.

Couple of questions:

1. How long do you think it is gonna take to get to Ayers Rock and back by driving? 
  2. Is there enough time to include going through Brisbane and Gold Coast?
  3. How is it with accommodation/sleeping on the way to Uluru in the outback? And how is it in more occupied places around the cities? Do we have to get a hotel or can we just find some way how to sleep very cheap/free?
  4. What kind of car would you recommend to rent for our purposes?
  5. How many days would you recommend to stay in certain places?
              -Melbourne -Great Ocean Rd
              -Uluru and around
              -(Gold Coast, Brisbane)

Thank you very much for you help and answers!

• Sharon Oberritter

I would also like to note that it's school holiday through January so the accommodations, roads, etc. will be busy. People are booking already for the holiday season.

• ·
    • ·

Send Sharon a Thank You Note