Sierra
Madisonville

Switzerland, Zurich, Geneva

Where to stay

Flying into Zurich on Thursday am and out of Geneva on Sunday am, where should I stay in between?

Claudia from New York City

Like Dave, I would choose Lucerne. Last year, my three traveling companions and I stayed at The Tourist Hotel. We had an apartment on the top floor with two bedrooms, a sitting room and a kitchen for three nights. This basic hotel offers complimentary breakfast, and the location was perfect for a short trip.

Located by the Reuss River with views of Mt Pilatus (and unfortunately the parking lot as well), The Tourist Hotel is about a 10-minute walk to Chapel Bridge, the Old Town, and the lake.

1. Lucerne (city)

Dave from Houston

That's not a lot of time but I would choose Lucerne. It is between Zurich and Geneva. A great city with a lot of history and much to see. Ride the historic steam boat around Lake Lucerne, take a cog train to the top of a mountain, see the Swiss Guard memorial, enjoy the old town.

1. Lucerne (city)
  2. Zurich (city)
  3. Geneva (city)