• Marla Christian
  • "Driving times for Saturday, Sunday, Monday from Supetar,mljet, Dubrovnik"

Driving times for Saturday, Sunday, Monday from Supetar,mljet, Dubrovnik

Greetings and thank you for any advice or suggestions you offer me. I am  confused and a bit worried about the times of our travel because it will be over Easter weekend. We check out of Supetar, Brac and get in our rental car. What do your think of driving to Mljet, April 15 starting in the morning around 9-9:30, stay the night somewhere in Mljet? (I thought it would be a great break from the long drive to Dubrovnik) I'd love to go to an Easter service at the Benedictine monastery. I wonder if they allow that?? 

Then leisurely leave Mljet after church service (if we get to go to one) to drive to Dubrovnik. I was concerned about ferry service, the times, holiday hours? We thought we could stay in Dubrovnik Sunday night and leave sometime Monday. Our next destination is Plitvice National Park but...stopping in Zadar for some down time, food, maybe even stay the night?

I would love help, advice! We love nature, old stuff, walking, biking, of course, good food. :-D

• Antica Grubisic

Hi Marla. I am afraid you'll have to go back by ferry from Supetar to Split and drive along the coast. Mljet is far away and not connected to Brac.

I suggest you drive to Peljesac peninsula and from there you can reach Mljet or Korcula.

On the way back from Dubrovnik take the highway at Ploce and drive to Zadar. After visiting Zadar take again the highway and after the St Rok tunnel go off the highway towards Udbina to reach the Plivice Lakes. There is a sign and indication on the highway.

Good luck

• ·
    • ·

Send Antica a Thank You Note