Ann
Melbourne

Stockholm

Where would you go in Stockholm if you wanted to eat traditional Swedish/Scandinavian cuisine?

Nikolaj from Copenhagen

1. Ekstedt (Niklas Ekstedt) serves fantastic food cooked entirely on firewood.

2. Restaurant Frantzén (Restaurant Franzén) is a 'younger brother' to noma.

3. Mathias Dahlgrens Matbaren (Matbaren ) at GRAND HÔTEL is Mathias Dahlgren's lunch place (imo better than Mathias Dahlgrens Matsalen which is slightly too much fine dining)

There are other (cheaper) alternatives, but these three are the best

1. Restaurant Frantzén (restaurant)
  2. Mathias Dahlgrens Matbaren (restaurant)
  3. GRAND HÔTEL (hotel)
  4. Mathias Dahlgrens Matsalen (restaurant)
  5. Ekstedt (restaurant)

Luciana from Austin (Texas)

We tried and liked these 3 places:

GRAND HÔTEL we went there for the smorgasbord, the Swedish feast with an all-you-can-eat buffet of several different types of herring, salmon, cold cuts, salads, vegetables, hot dishes and desserts. I tried the recommended pairing of Aquavit and Beer, good (and strong)! The food was very good overall and I was happy to try such a variety of authentic dishes (I didn't expect to like herring, but I did). http://www.grandhotel.se/en/explore/the-veranda/smorgasbord

Kvarnen very traditional restaurant, over 100 years old, it was recommended by the Swedish couple who owns the apartment we rented in the area. Kvarnen started out serving Swedish food to the working class of Södermalm, now replaced by the hip folks who live in the area. We had a variety of dishes, from fresh herring to swedish meatballs, and a surprisingly good reindeer stew. http://www.kvarnen.com/en/history-2/

Pelikan/Kristallen another traditional restaurant, also in Södermalm, a bit pricier than Kvarnen. Food was good, I had the fried perch and my husband ordered the bacon with onion sauce (the sauce is really great as people say) and the kids split the swedish meatballs - which were giant. We didn't try their famous "fläsklägg" which is the pork knuckle, slow cooked.  http://www.pelikan.se/sidor/eng_index.htm 

1. GRAND HÔTEL (hotel)
  2. Kvarnen (restaurant)
  3. Pelikan/Kristallen (restaurant)

Inez from Rome

I myself was on a quest to find traditional Swedish/Scandinavian cuisine during my 1-year exchange in Stockholm. I mean, I wanted to try something other than the infamous IKEA Swedish meatballs right.. :)

So, from all the recommendations that I received, I've tried around 80% of them, and I'd have to say, the best one that I would recommend is The Pelikan/Kristallen. You can check their website (www.pelikan.se) for the exact location. 

If you happen to be visiting Gamla Stan (Old Town), you could also try Zum Franziskaner

I had also chanced upon a Singapore-based startup that offer travellers a unique dining experience at the comfort of a local's home. It is called BonAppetour
(www.bonappetour.com) I did a quick check just now, and apparently they have quite some Swedish hosts ready to serve authentic Scandinavian cuisine at their homes. You might want to check that out as well :)

1. Pelikan/Kristallen (restaurant)
  2. Gamla Stan (city)
  3. Zum Franziskaner (restaurant)

Christopher from Fleet (Hampshire)

Try Aifur in Gamla Stan for a medieval meal experience. The mead beer is definitely recommended!

1. Gamla Stan (city)