Kristin

St Thomas

Best Activities and Boat Companies

Hello!

We're headed to St. Thomas in mid-July. It'll be my husband, my sister and her boyfriend and my parents for a total of 6 of us. 

We'll be staying at the Marriott, but don't want to spend all day every day at the hotel. My husband and I plan to do some scuba diving, but would also like to take a few excursions with the family. 

I'd love to hear about some moderately easy hikes around the area...any good boat charters (private or otherwise)...and any other 'must-sees' on St. Thomas or in St. John. 

Also...favorite beaches and restaurants?

Thanks all!

Jeff from Lake Worth

There are many small hikes, and most involve some hills, but they end in amazing look out points - check this site www.vinow.com there is alot of good information there.   St. John is a must see for snorkeling Trunk Bay is really a nice place and a nice little walk to get there.  There are many different locations - some that you may not see anyone else.   Rent a car so you can see the hole island.   Magens Bay Beach is a beautiful beach but you need to check when the cruise ships are in and avoid that time.  Early morning is truly beautiful - we use to go there in the morning before others showed up and would swim and see sea turtles swim with us. A little more off the beaten path is the The Baths on the BVI, check it out on the internet, if interested they have boat excursions there I believe. Hope that helps.  

1. Trunk Bay (attraction)
  2. Magens Bay Beach (attraction)
  3. The Baths (attraction)