Mary
Phoenix

Mary from Phoenix asked

Recommendations for best places to visit including day trips.

My husband and I will be in the St. Louis area for 7 days of which we will have 5 days to do what we like. Please, any recommendations for activities and places to eat. We are not theme park people, but we are museum and trails people. We already have the Arch and Steamboat on our agenda. Is there a combo package of Arch and Steamboat that is worthwhile or is it better to book them separate?

St. Louis (Missouri)

Rose
The St. Louis zoo is wonderful and it is mostly free. Before Covid if you got there early, by 8am I think, you could get into the areas that normally have a charge, ex, the stingrays so google that. Also, parking is free if you get there early.

Mary
Yes, we are zoo fans. The City Museum sounds interesting. Have you every been to Jefferson Barracks Telephone Museum? Also is the US Grant National Historic Site worth the trip?

Mary
Thank you.

I like the Botanical Gardens in St. Louis.
The St. Louis Art Museum
The Missouri History Museum
St. Louis Science Center
Soldiers Memorial Military Museum 

Mary
All you mentioned we added to our list. I did not know about the Soldiers Memorial Military Museum. My husband like that so I will add it.

Mary
Thank you!

Sandy from Shaker Heights
Don't miss the St. Louis zoo and even if you don't have kids with you, the City Museum is a treasure!

Mary
Yes, we are zoo fans.

Mary
Have you been in the Jewel Box Greenhouse? Is that just a quick visit?

Mary
Thank you.