Cindy
Rochester (New York)

St Barthelemy

Good restaurants on St. Barths

Can anyone recommend some good restaurants on St. Bart’s? Preferably anything that's full of local flavor in terms of food and decor, and any price range is fine.

Rodger from Beverly Hills

Cindy, the most "poplular" and famous restaurant is called Maya's Restaurant you have to go there. Also go to the restaurant at Eden Rock Hotel which has incredible views and food.  The food is amazing at L'isola Ristorante Italiano (Italian) which is in town but only indoors. My wife and I kind of feel "bad" going to an indoor restaurant in St. Barths but sometimes it's nice to getting a little air conditioning going after a day in the sun :)  If you are with a group or really want to party (think loud music, sparklers in magnums of champange etc.) you must go to Le Ti St Barth.  The food is ok but that's not what you there for.  You'll have an amazing time dancing on your table!  Also, I'd go to PaCri which is at the Taiwana, right on Flamands Beach.  For lunch, the restaurant during the day at Hotel Taiwana is the most famous ...expect to spend about $200 a person but the lentil salad and barbeque chicken are worth it!  Also, have lunch at Hôtel Saint-Barth Isle De France (also on Flamands beach) great food and people watching.  Flamands beach is where most action is happening.  For more local stuff during the day, go to Jojo Burger (for a burger), Kiki é Mo for a Panini or Le Select (in town) for amazing burgers-- doesn't open until 5PM though.  If your up for a beautiful Sunday brunch, head to Le Toiny for amazing views and food.  Hope this helps!

1. Maya's Restaurant (restaurant)
  2. Eden Rock Hotel (attraction)
  3. L'isola Ristorante Italiano (restaurant)
  4. Le Ti St Barth (restaurant)
  5. PaCri (restaurant)
  6. Taiwana (restaurant)
  7. Flamands Beach (attraction)
  8. Hôtel Saint-Barth Isle De France (restaurant)
  9. Jojo Burger (restaurant)
  10. Kiki é Mo (restaurant)
  11. Le Select (attraction)
  12. Le Toiny (hotel)
  13. Hotel Taiwana (hotel)

Trish from London

It's difficult to top Rodger's answer, but his suggestions are pretty dead on. I'm going to second Eden Rock St Barths for dinner (the lighting/views are just beautiful and so romantic). La Langousteat the Baie des Angeshotel is delicious for lobster and the really low key Le Selectin Gustavia is great for burgers and beers. I love lunch or pre-dinner drinks at Hôtel Saint-Barth Isle De France - it oozes St Bart's class and charm. Just writing this makes me want to plan my next visit! 

1. Eden Rock St Barths (hotel)
  2. La Langouste (restaurant)
  3. Baie des Anges (hotel)
  4. Le Select (attraction)
  5. Hôtel Saint-Barth Isle De France (restaurant)