Tandy
Miami

St. Louis

What are your favorite, can't miss restaurants in St. Louis?

Not worried about price, just wanting to hear what everyone's favorite restaurants are in St. Louis. What is a spot a tourist can't miss and why?

Rob from Petaluma

If you like BBQ Pappy's Smokehouse is a must. I like Pi Pizzeria downtown as well.

1. Pappy's Smokehouse (restaurant)
  2. Pi Pizzeria (restaurant)

Chris from Defiance, Missouri

1. The Shaved Duck (restaurant)
  2. Iron Barley Eating Establishment (restaurant)

Carter from Duxbury, Massachusetts

Depends on what you are looking for. There are a ton of great restaurants all across St Louis. My favorite is a place called theOld Standard Fried Chicken that has the best fried chicken I have ever had. In regards to St Louis BBQ, Pappy's Smokehouse is the best but you have to make sure you get there early as the line is long. For a fancy meal, the best in my opinion is the Sidney Street Cafe. Delicious rotating menu with an exceptional staff.

1. Old Standard Fried Chicken (restaurant)
  2. Pappy's Smokehouse (restaurant)
  3. Sidney Street Cafe (restaurant)

I travel to St. Louis for work and have found numerous great restaurants.

If you are in the mood for sushi, Tani Sushi Bistro in the Clayton area is one of the better ones I've ever been to.  Really enjoyed the Sex in the City roll and the Pink Panther roll.  And you absolutely have to order the Oh My God roll, served flaming.

I have good friends, whose cousins own two restaurants that I love:  The first is an amazing Mediterranean/Turkish restaurant called aye Sophia.  I loved the kibbe appetizer and the kofta wrap.  The second is this little Italian restaurant, big on charm called Trattoria Marcella.  The toasted ravioli app and the mussels are wonderful.  Have what-ever the pasta special is for your entrée.

And if you just want some good ole American, head to Hodak's Restaurant & Bar, famous for their fried chicken. 

1. Tani Sushi Bistro (restaurant)
  2. Trattoria Marcella (restaurant)
  3. Hodak's Restaurant & Bar (restaurant)