Alice asked

Wifi in Sri Lanka

Hi there 

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how good wifi is in sri lanka? just wondering whether or not to get an international sim card for a spare phone instead. 

thanks 

Sri Lanka

Claudia from New York City

I bought a 6GB Dialog sim card from a local store in Colombo for 750 rupees (about $5) - 150 rupees for the card and 600 to top up. According to my tour guide/driver, the price would be double at Dialog's airport counter (located just outside the arrival hall) -  1299 rupees.

Dialog outlets are everywhere in Sri Lanka.

To get the sim card, you'll need to show your passport and have an unlocked phone. 6GB was enough for my 8-day visit. The card was only valid for 30 days, and here are some Dialog sim card pluses:

• Good customer service - I didn't speak to a machine
  • Wide coverage
  • Decent speed

For additional info go to Dialog's website: https://www.dialog.lk/tourist-plans

Also, most hotels in Sri Lanka have excellent WiFi.

1. Colombo (city)
Amila

wifi can use in the several public places. You can buy a sim card inside air port

Jaufer

hi,internet working 4G ,however you use in Sri Lanka Dialog this network high speed

Abiramie

we don't have free wi fi like other countries do. However you can certainly buy a SIM at the airport