Marit
Netherlands

Split

What should a friend and I do in Split?

Hello everyone,

In June a friend and I (18 years old) are visiting Split, does someone have tips what we should do or should visit?

Are there some special events in June?

Kristal from San Francisco

Hi Marit,

There are many local attractions to see in Split such as Diocletian's PalaceCro-Split Old Town,Marjan Hill, and Riva. There are little boutiques selling souvenirs and often times outdoor markets for local goods. It's nice to take a hike or pick a restaurant by the water and relax. While Split is a very central location and harbor, I wouldn't say that you need many days there. If you have days available I would definitely recommend going to a national park, either Krka National Park or Plitvice Lakes National Park and also visiting an island. I really liked Hvar but Brac and Vis are also popular. The ferries leave from Split, making it very easy to get around. You can also take the local bus to smaller coastal towns to walk around and enjoy the beauty (Trogir and Kaštel Stari are two that come to mind). Croatia is beautiful, anywhere you go will not leave you disappointed, but I do think 1 of those 2 national parks is a must (both if you have time) and an island!

Happy Travels!

Enjoy,

Kristal

1. Diocletian's Palace (attraction)
  2. Cro-Split Old Town (attraction)
  3. Marjan Hill (attraction)
  4. Riva (attraction)
  5. Krka National Park (attraction)
  6. Plitvice Lakes National Park (park)
  7. Hvar (city)
  8. Brac (city)
  9. Vis (city)
  10. Trogir (attraction)
  11. Kaštel Stari (attraction)

Ben from London

Great connections from Split to the islands like Hvar. Cheap and easy so make sure you try and spend a few days island hopping if you can!

1. Split (city)
  2. Hvar (city)

Marius from Croatia

Hi Marit, there is lot of things to do in Split and its a great town to visit.

Depend if you like more  adventure trips on a speed boat, like trip to the Blue Cave and Island of Vis or trips to the National parks, city tours.. here you can have a look at the trips we offer at our agency www.south-tours.com

1. Split (city)
  2. Blue Cave (attraction)
  3. Vis (city)