Juliana

Spain, Madrid, Barcelona

What places I have to go in Madrid and Barcelona for second honeymoon?

I am going with my husband for a second honey moon - 1 year of being married.

Scott from Fort Collins

Hello Juliana and congratulations on your anniversary.  Two fantastic cities to visit and so very different.  In Madrid, we have stayed at The Westin Palace, which we really enjoyed and is very close to two world class museums, the Museo del Prado and the Museo Thyssen-Bornemisza.  All are right by the beautiful Paseo del Prado, which makes for a great stroll.  Also close by is the Parque del Retiro with a nice lake where you can paddle boat, or just stroll.  I would suggest having lunch, or dinner in one of the establishments in Mercado de San Miguel, which is close to Plaza Mayor and Puerta del Sol.  Other places I would recommend visiting are the Royal Palace of Madrid, and Plaza Oriente.  I would also strongly encourage you to finish one night at a sherry bar called La Venencia for fantastic sherry and a very cool "old world" feel.                  

In Barcelona, I would encourage you to spend some time seeing Gaudi architecture including Basílica de la Sagrada FamíliaLa PedreraParc Güell, and Güell Palace.  We stayed right off of La Rambla and loved strolling the walkway down towards La Boqueria, where you should eat breakfast,or an early lunch,  at Pinotxo.  Make sure to  walk around the market as well.  Further down on La Ramblas is Port Olímpic and La Barceloneta, which was gentrified before the Olympics and has some nice views, good strolling and great restaurants, especially towards the marina.  There is also a fantastic church worth visiting in the area, the Barcelona Cathedral.  Finally, I would take the time, preferably by tram from Port Olimpic, up to Montjuïc for fantastic architecture, views of the city and the Olympic Stadium.  And if you can score a reservation, eat at one of the Adria brother's restaurants in Barcelona for a special meal.   Hope that helps and safe travels!

1. The Westin Palace (hotel)
  2. Museo del Prado (attraction)
  3. Museo Thyssen-Bornemisza (attraction)
  4. Paseo del Prado (attraction)
  5. Parque del Retiro (attraction)
  6. Mercado de San Miguel (restaurant)
  7. Plaza Mayor (attraction)
  8. Royal Palace of Madrid (attraction)
  9. Plaza Oriente (attraction)
  10. La Venencia (attraction)
  11. Basílica de la Sagrada Família (attraction)
  12. La Pedrera (attraction)
  13. Parc Güell (attraction)
  14. Güell Palace (attraction)
  15. La Boqueria (attraction)
  16. Pinotxo (restaurant)
  17. Port Olímpic (attraction)
  18. La Barceloneta (attraction)
  19. Barcelona Cathedral (attraction)
  20. Montjuïc (attraction)
  21. La Rambla (attraction)
  22. Puerta del Sol (attraction)

Pooja from Mumbai, Maharashtra, India

Brunch & Cake is a very nice place for breakfast

Visit the rooftop club at the W Barcelona

1. Brunch & Cake (restaurant)
  2. W Barcelona (hotel)