We are planning to spend around 70 days in Spain arriving in Madrid beginning of March next year. We picked Madrid only because of easier flights from San Francisco using our AA miles. We have spent around 10 days in Madrid and 2 weeks in Barcelona a few years ago so was not planning to spend too much time in these cities. However we want to visit other cities and the following is our plan
- Stay in Sevilla for 10 days
- Stay in Cordoba for 6 days
- Stay in Granada for 6 days
- Stay in Malaga for 4 days.
- Take a tour of Morocco for a 3-5 days
- Stay in Alicante for 6 days
- Stay in Valencia for 10 days
- Stay in Girona for 6 days
- Stay in San Sebastian for 6 days
- Stay in Bilbao for 6 days
- Stay in Toledo for 3 days
- Stay in Madrid for 3 days and fly back to US
In addition to seeing the sights in these cities, we plan to do day trips out of these cities as well.
A few questions:
- What do you think of the number of days we are planning to visit in each city.
- Should some of these cities be day trips themselves rather than multi-day stays?
- What other cities not on this list should be we plan to visit for longer stays like Burgos, Segovia, Pamplona, Gijon, Oviedo, Salamanca
A few comments on our plans
- We have time and do not want to rush like crazy. We want to experience things in a more relaxed manner
- We are starting in the South so it is warmer in March and make our way North by May
- We are older but can walk for miles as needed. We like churches, museums, food, architecture, interesting sights and not so much beaches or nightlife.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Mentioned in this answer: