mumtaz
Toronto

Spain, Andalucía, Granada, Cordoba, Barcelona

Good hotels on a budget during Spain train trip

I have a question! What hotels are good but not too pricey. Around $90 a night.  Would love to visit Andalucia, Granada, Barcelona, and Cordoba.  Are two nights enough for each city?  Will be traveling by train.  Also, in Barcelona, what area is best beside beaches?

Travis from Kamloops

Andalucía is one of the most beautiful regions in Spain (and all of Europe for that matter), and one that we enjoyed thoroughly. We visited SevilleCordoba (Spain)Granada, and Malaga. Seville is worth at least a few days to see the Cathedral, the Plaza de Espana, and wander the ancient streets, and the others are worth a day or two at least (obviously don't miss the Mezquita in Cordoba and the Alhambra (book ahead!) in Granada). From Seville to Cordoba the best transport method is train, and from Cordoba to Granada, the best is the bus (the buses in Spain are top notch). Andalucia is fairly affordable, you should be able to find a good pension for under $50 a night, or a good hotel for $80 or less. 

You might also want to consider Madrid. The city is lovely and there are some fantastic daytrips (ToledoSegovia, etc.) you can do as well. If you want a place for Madrid, I would wholeheartedly recommend Hospedaje Romero, a little hidden B&B on the Gran Via with very kind and helpful owners. 

1. Andalucía (state)
  2. Seville (city)
  3. Cordoba (Spain) (city)
  4. Granada (city)
  5. Malaga (city)
  6. Toledo (city)
  7. Segovia (city)

Carla from Barcelona

Hi!

As Raquel has said, in Spain you can find lots of good hotels with this budget per night. But Barcelona is one of the most expensive cities in Spain :S

Here in Barcelona the closest the beach, the more expensive it is. El El Born and la La Barceloneta are the neighborhoods that are closest to la Barceloneta Beach (very turistic).

Then you can find better prices in hotels near El Poblenou , it is a less turistic place and from my point of view it is a better beach because you will be able to have enough place for your towel.. :)

If you are interested in good beaches around Barcelona, just let me know and I will recomend you some of my CostaBrava's favourites!

And the same for restaurants! :=)

1. El Born (restaurant)
  2. La Barceloneta (attraction)
  3. El Poblenou (neighborhood)

Jahn from Barcelona

For Barcelona I can recommend Banys Orientals and Hotel Ciutat De Barcelona

They are both in town, but that area is safe ;-)

If you want to stay closer to the beach, you need to spill out a bit more cash to be convenient.

Check El Filferro for some tapas or their amazing Pasta... 

If you want more info about town and find some real jewels of the beaten path: #BCN - by locals

1. Barcelona (city)
  2. Banys Orientals (hotel)
  3. Hotel Ciutat De Barcelona (hotel)
  4. El Filferro (restaurant)

Raquel from Alicante

Around 90 $ you will find a lot of good hotels in Spain. I recommend you NH hotels if you look for a good service but not a typical site. Meliá or Eurostars hotel chains are also very good. But if you prefer to have a more "authentic" experience with no doubt, choose a Parador if possible at least once. www.parador.es will be a real good experience even if they are not cheap. Anyway, hotels are really cheap & good in Spain comparing with other countries!

Melissa from Brooklyn

La Barcelonetais very close to the beaches and quite nice. I used to live in El Raval and could easily walk down to the beach or take a short ride on the Metro. I'd spend a little more time in Barcelona as there's a lot to do there. The other cities are lovely as well, especially Cordoba. I've stayed Sant Jordi Hostel Gracia which was a pretty nice hostel and there are a few good rentals up on Airbnb in your price range. Hope that's helpful and have fun!

1. La Barceloneta (attraction)
  2. El Raval (neighborhood)
  3. Sant Jordi Hostel Gracia (hotel)

Melissa from Massachusetts

I'm headed to Spain next weekend, and centering ourselves around a budget of $100 or less, ideally, per night, my husband and I booked all of our places to stay in BarcelonaSan SebastianGranada, and Seville through AirBnB!

1. Barcelona (city)
  2. San Sebastian (city)
  3. Granada (city)
  4. Seville (city)

We stayed at Hostal Q in Barcelona and it was really nice, relatively new too. It's not near any beaches, it's right in the heart of everything you need, just a few steps from Placa de Catalunya where the bus from the airport also stops.

1. Hostal Q (hotel)

Luis from Caracas, Venezuela

You could be easily happy at the tryp brand. 

There are a lot in Spain

Pooja from Mumbai, Maharashtra, India

Frontair Congress at Carrer Alberedes, 16

tel : +34 936 369 480

1. Frontair Congress (hotel)