Chieko
Tokyo

Spain

First time. Where should I visit?

Hi! I got my ticket for Primavera Sound festival in Barcelona. This is my first trip to Spain. I'd like to stop to another city(s) in Spain before come home.  

Where do you recommend if you have 5days after Barcelona?  

I like music, drinking, eat tasty things and outdoor activities. 

Thanks in advance for your help!

Terry from Honaunau, Hawaii

I recommend you head South to Andalucía.  It's a completely different experience from Barcelona.  I suggest Seville.  Architecture is beautiful and lots to explore by foot.  Definitely include a visit to the main cathedral.  It's an easy city to walk around.  Since it's your first time there you might consider 3 nights in Sevilla and 2 nights in Granada.  Well worth a tour of Alhambra.  Lots of history and of course great restaurants!  You will feel like you went to a different country.  You will want to return many time over as I have been fortunate to do.    

1. Andalucía (attraction)
  2. Barcelona (city)
  3. Seville (city)
  4. Granada (city)
  5. Alhambra (attraction)

Deborah from Toronto

Hi! The south of Spain is my favorite. I live in Cadiz now and it's my 3rd time to Spain. Sevilleis a lively city and a great place if you like music and good food. Then you could visit Granada. There you can enjoy some beautiful historic sights and outdoor activities in the sierra nevada. If time permits you should take a trip to Marbella to the beach since the weather will be great. These three cities are very unique and you will be able to really experience Spain! Disfutra

1. Cadiz (city)
  2. Seville (city)
  3. Granada (city)
  4. Marbella (city)

Marion from Galway

I would recommend Andalucíafor everything you mention. As Maria says, Seville is fabulous, as is Granada, but to cover both is probably a little too much in 5 days. Cordoba (Spain) and Ronda de Segovia are not too far from either city. Consider the Moorish 'White Villages' which are not so touristy and really beautiful.  

Tapas give you a delicious selection of Spanish foods. 

Don't miss some flamenco dancing.

1. Andalucía (attraction)
  2. Seville (city)
  3. Granada (city)
  4. Cordoba (Spain) (city)
  5. Ronda de Segovia (attraction)

Seville is a great city and incredibly beautiful with nice restaurants and a relaxed vibe. It's small enough to walk around and be sure to take a boat ride on the Guadalquivir. Madrid and Toledo are also worth a couple of days.

Have a great time!

1. Seville (city)
  2. Madrid (city)
  3. Toledo (city)