Patrick

Spain, Barcelona, Seville, Cordoba (Spain)

Best way to spend our 9 nights in Spain?

Hey everyone,

My wife and I are travelling to Spain in mid September.  We are in our early 30s, enjoy food, architecture, culture, meeting good people (basically everything Spain).  We fly in/out of Barcelona (can't change this).  We have 9 nights.  As of now the itinerary looks like

Day 1-Arrive in Barcelona, fly to Seville (flight booked)

Stay in Seville nights 1-3 (airbnb booked)

Train to Cordoba, stay 2 nights (hotel booked, but can be changed)

Train to Barcelona, stay 4 nights (airbnb booked)

We don't want to go to Madrid or Granada.  Should I take 1 night from Cordoba and add to Seville?  Should I take both nights from Cordoba and add to Seville or one to Seville and one to Barcelona?  I know I can do Cordoba as a day trip from Seville.  

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated 

Terry from Honaunau, Hawaii

I think you have a good itinerary but I would do one night in Cordoba (Spain) and do the extra night in Seville. Sevilla is a beautiful city and there's lots to see.   Couple of restaurants to consider experiencing.  In Sevilla, La Judería and in Barcelona, Los Caracoles.  Both hotels have a lot of charm and character and the food is excellent.  Whatever you decide to do you will love Spain!  It's a country you can go back to time and time again!

1. Cordoba (Spain) (city)
  2. Seville (city)
  3. La Judería (attraction)
  4. Barcelona (city)
  5. Los Caracoles (restaurant)

Gabriella from Netherlands

Hi Patrick,

First of all you should know that Sevilla will probably be HOT in September. We were there mid-October and it was still 34C! All places on your list are lovely - also the most famous, therefore the most touristy.

Definitely one day is enough for Cordoba and you can do it on a day trip from Sevilla. One or two days are enough to visit the main sights of the city, and you can use the rest of the days for day trips. So I would use Sevilla as a base, especially if you find a nice AirBnb there.

Tip for Sevilla: pre-book your ticket to the Royal Alcázar of Seville online or else you will lose a lot of time queueing. 

I would spend more time in Sevilla and take at least one day trip to the ocean - Cadiz is beautiful with great beaches to enjoy, and one of the oldest cities on the continent. I can also recommend Merida (Spain) - it has some spectacular Roman ruins. Ronda is also a very picturesque town to visit and the drive there is pretty scenic - also recommended!

4 days in Barcelona is a very short time, so you probably want to stay in the city during all that time. I recommend going on one of the free guided walking tours - they show you a lot of interesting hidden places and you learn a lot about the history and culture that way!

1. Royal Alcázar of Seville (attraction)
  2. Cadiz (city)
  3. Merida (Spain) (attraction)
  4. Ronda (attraction)