Kaley
Mobile

Spain, Cuenca (Spain), Madrid

Best places/restaurants in Cuenca & Madrid?

What are some absolute must see places, must do things and really great restaurants to eat at while in Cuenca, Spain, and Madrid, Spain? I'll be living in Cuenca for six weeks and visiting Madrid on a couple weekends and possibly some nights. Some of the things I'm interested in are kayaking for the first time, seeing a bull fight, learning how to flamenco dance, and seeing art (my favorite artist is Salvador Dali) and the amazing architecture. I'm very open to trying new things and would love to live like a local while there. 

I'd love some suggestions that aren't particularly really touristy, but any other suggestions are more than welcome as well!

Laura from Buenos Aires

The Mercado de San Miguel is a must go to eat delicious food in a fun and relaxed place. If you like chocolate don't miss Chocolateria San Gines and also have a "sidra tirada" (cider) in one of the local bars near Puerta del Sol. And eat lots of "jamn crudo"´(prosciuto). 

You shouldn't miss El Prado, Plaza MayorParque del Retiro, Las letras and Chueca neighborhoods. On sundays you can go to the El Rastro flea market. 

1. Mercado de San Miguel (restaurant)
  2. Chocolateria San Gines (restaurant)
  3. Puerta del Sol (attraction)
  4. Plaza Mayor (attraction)
  5. Parque del Retiro (attraction)
  6. El Rastro (attraction)

Brad from Scottsdale

Museo Nacional del Prado in Madrid is an absolute must! I love the town of Segovia with its winding medieval streets, smart shops and incredible restaurants. Toledo, of course, is not to be missed. It has survived intact through the ages to the present. The ambiance is incredible no matter where you are. I particularly love admiring the town from the surrounding hills at sunset or sunrise.

1. Madrid (city)
  2. Segovia (restaurant)
  3. Toledo (city)
  4. Museo Nacional del Prado (attraction)

Rabih from Lebanon

Hello Dear, 

Best food to eat in Madrid you can find in the Avenue between Puerta del Sol and Gran Vía.  

And if you want you can find many restaurants inside Plaza Mayor area.  

You can have a 45 minutes Segway trip inside madrid. You will enjoy this adventure a lot and the guide knows too much, you will get amused during these 45 minutes.  

Best Flamenco place is in Calle Gran Via near KFC restaurant , you will see a big board with the name Flamenco.  

Dont Forget to try to spend some time on Lunch or at dinner in Mercado de San Miguel , you will enjoy food and drinks from all the types that you can imagine especially wines and sea Food.  

The segway trip you can have it just in Front of Mercado De San Miguel place.  

I advice you to go to Estadio Santiago Bernabéu and make a tour in the Stadium where you will experience the Historical Time of Real Madrid FC team, you can buy a ticket for this tour in seconds outside the stadium.  

If you want to make some shopping, you can make it in a mall like: El Corte Inglés.  

Or from a street shopping like : Gran Via shopping street which is few minutes walking away from Center madrid " Puerta del Sol ".  

.... 

Enjoy ur time in Madrid as i did before :) 

Take care

1. Puerta del Sol (attraction)
  2. Gran Vía (attraction)
  3. Plaza Mayor (attraction)
  4. Mercado de San Miguel (restaurant)
  5. Estadio Santiago Bernabéu (attraction)
  6. El Corte Inglés (attraction)