Andrés
Montevideo

Spain

5 Days in Spain. What do I visit?

Hi all!!

How should I spend 5 days in Spain?
Already know Madrid and Barcelona and I have 5 days to spend in Spain before flying to Paris.

5 days is not much time. I think I´ll have to choose 2 or 3 cities close from each other.

Where would you go?

thankful to read your suggestions!!

Terry from Honaunau, Hawaii

Andalucíaor Southern Spain is amazing!  Of course you can spend two weeks in this part of Spain and not see it all but with 5 full days you can at least get a taste of a completely different experience from Madrid and Barcelona.  Try to give yourself at least 2 to 3 full days in Seville, Alhambra in the town of Granada is well worth the day exploring.  Granada's cathedral is also beautiful to see.  And if you find time Córdoba mosque is breathtaking.  Of course this will be a whirlwind of a trip in such a short time.  If not just concentrate in spending all 5 days in Seville.  Perhaps do a day tour to Carmona to see the beautiful Parador de Alcalá de Henares .  Great restaurant in Seville is Restaurante La Judería .  Excellent Spanish food in an old charming restaurant.      

1. Andalucía (attraction)
  2. Seville (city)
  3. Alhambra (attraction)
  4. Córdoba (attraction)
  5. Carmona (city)
  6. Parador de Alcalá de Henares (hotel)
  7. Restaurante La Judería (restaurant)

Crystal from Anchorage

Hello,

There are some good suggestions here so far, just wanted to add another suggestion.

You could spend your five days in País Vasco (Basque Country). I highly recommend bar hopping and eating pinxos and drinking tinto wine here. You could enjoy the city and beach of San Sebastian, visit the charming small city of Vitoria-Gasteiz, and spend some time in the wine country. Another nearby choice is Pamplona.

Happy travels!

Crystal, Traveler's Toast

1. País Vasco (attraction)
  2. San Sebastian (city)
  3. Vitoria-Gasteiz (city)
  4. Pamplona (city)

Hi Andrés,

My favourite part of Spain is Andalucía . With 5 days it's a good idea to choose places close to each other so that you don't waste time en route. I love Seville Granada and Cadiz, maybe also visit Ronda if you can. These towns feel like *real* Spain and, if you rent a car, you'll get to stop off at some of the beautiful hilltop villages on the way.

1. Spain (country)
  2. Andalucía (attraction)
  3. Seville (city)
  4. Granada (city)
  5. Cadiz (city)
  6. Ronda (attraction)