malia
Cajamarca

malia from Cajamarca asked

2 weeks in the South Pacific in June: Where to?!

Hi guys!  

My friend and I would love to go somewhere in the South Pacific (Polynesia/Micronesia/Melanesia) the first two weeks of June.. But we will be traveling from Switzerland so obviously we wouldn't have a full two weeks, therefore we are trying to figure out where to go and make the most of our time... I've been to Hawai'i (Big Island and Maui; and Oahu but it's a lot more touristy) a few times and I was in the Caribbean (Dominica, Saba, Barbados, St. Barthélemy) a few months ago so I can definitely say I adore wild, very off the beaten path non-touristy places I where can explore and just get away from everything (I loved Dominica and Saba!!) we would like to go hiking, adventuring, exploring, do some surfing (though we are still beginners) and if it's not too expensive we would love to finally get our PADI as well.. and maybe relax on the beach once or twice. History/Culture is also definitely important to us!  

Now, we are only 23 and well we're not into any of that boring resort stuff and needless to say we couldn't afford it anyway :P so if someone could give us some hints and tips on how or specifically where (which nations, islands) to do "all this" on a budget that would be greatly appreciated! maybe to give you an idea or a reason to crush our dream - haha: "budget" would probably mean around 4000$ MAX per person (including flights/ferries in the area but not including the longhaul flight from Switzerland to Singapore/Australia) preferably less because the Caribbean was already darn expensive :D..  

oh some more info, not sure how relevant it is: I don't have a driver's license yet but my friend does.. I guess that's it! thank you so much to anyone who can give this travel freak some advice :)  

Mahalo,

Malia

South Pacific

Camille from San Francisco

Definitely French Polynesia! Tahiti is beeeeautiful and super fun night life for twenty somethings :) Check out Place Vai'ete, lots of food trucks and fun places to go out. 

1. French Polynesia (attraction)
  2. Place Vai'ete (attraction)