James
New England

South Korea

First Family Trip to South Korea

What are some must-see/do things in South Korea fit for an adult family of 4 (my wife, mother, mother's husband, and me)?

A little background, my mother is a Korean adoptee from Holt Orphanage and this is her first trip back to Korea in 50ish years. (I spent 3 days in Busan about 10 years ago) We're not looking for super touristy stuff, but to get a good idea of the country's history and culture.

We're planning to stay 7+ days, starting and ending in Seoul. 

Hiu from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I think visiting the Royal Palace is a must see in Seoul. Dont miss the cultural performance if you decide to be there. The war museum is also my favorite if you want to learn more about the Korean war. About four hours high speed train from Seoul is Gyeonggi Province  which is an ancient city where the royal tombs are located. If you are there, visiting the 500-year-old Yangdong Folk Village , (about 30 minutes bus ride from Gyeongju downtown) will be very rewarding. Sokcho is a nice fishing village where I think the fresh market is an interesting place to go.

1. Royal Palace (attraction)
  2. Gyeonggi Province (state)
  3. Yangdong Folk Village (attraction)
  4. Sokcho (city)