Asher
California

South America, Brazil, Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas), French Guiana, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela

Awesome travel locations in South America for a recent college grad

I just graduated college and am currently traveling throughout South America until November. In Pipa in Brazil right now. Please let me know of any places I must visit in South America. I love to party and want to meet fun energetic people like myself.

Robson from Istanbul

Hi Asher!
Have you been in the south of Brazil?
If you are into electronic music you must go to Warung Beach Club  in Itajai Santa Catarina and also to Green Valley in  Balneário Camboriú, SC.
The state capital, Florianopolis is awesome! Several beachs and great nightlife.
On October there is Oktoberfest of Blumenau really nice atmosphere!

1. Itajai (city)
  2. Balneário Camboriú (city)
  3. Oktoberfest of Blumenau (attraction)
  4. Warung Beach Club (attraction)
  5. Green Valley (attraction)
  6. Florianopolis (city)

Laura from Buenos Aires

You HAVE to visit Buenos Aires it's a wonderful city full of atractions, pubs, clubs, and lots of things to do. In my beloved Argentina you also have other great places to visit: Quebrada de Humahuaca, Humahuaca, Jujuy, ArgentinaSaltaMendozaSan Carlos de BarilocheGlaciar Perito MorenoUshuaiaIguazú Falls, etc. 

I also love Brazil, specially Rio de JaneiroSao PauloSalvador Bahia. Great beaches, great food, great music, great people, they have it all. 

Punta del Este is also great but only in the summer, specially end of december and january, that's the high season there. 

I enjoyed very much Cusco in Peru and Cartagena, Bogota and Medellin in Colombia. 

As you can see wherever you chose to go in South america you'll have a great time. 

1. Buenos Aires (city)
  2. Argentina (country)
  3. Quebrada de Humahuaca, Humahuaca, Jujuy, Argentina (attraction)
  4. Salta (city)
  5. Mendoza (attraction)
  6. San Carlos de Bariloche (city)
  7. Glaciar Perito Moreno (attraction)
  8. Ushuaia (city)
  9. Iguazú Falls (attraction)
  10. Brazil (country)
  11. Rio de Janeiro (city)
  12. Sao Paulo (city)
  13. Salvador Bahia (attraction)
  14. Punta del Este (city)
  15. Cusco (city)
  16. Bogota (city)
  17. Medellin (city)
  18. Cartagena (city)

K from San Francisco

Punta del Este is supposed to be a great beach-party place where South American's go on vacation.  I went to Montevideo and Colonia del Sacramento which were much more low key.  Of course make it to Rio de Janeiro and Buenos Aires.  If I were you I would travel South from where you are at, stop at Iguazú Falls for sure.  You can make you way down to Buenos Aires then over to Mendoza which has a ton of fun stuff to do.  The go to Santiago then up to Bolivia for the Salt Flats, then to Lake Titicaca to Cusco and Machu Picchu, make your way up to Lima (Peru).  I haven't been to Ecuador or Columbia but am dying to go to Columbia.  Definitely try to get to Cartagena in Columbia!  I am jealous you have so long to travel, enjoy it and take it all in (not just the partying)!  I have a bunch of posts about South America on my blog: www.aworldaway.com.  I travelled in South America for three weeks and used the people I met at hostels along the way to help me decide where to go next and which hostels were fun.

1. Punta del Este (city)
  2. Montevideo (city)
  3. Colonia del Sacramento (attraction)
  4. Rio de Janeiro (city)
  5. Buenos Aires (city)
  6. Iguazú Falls (attraction)
  7. Mendoza (city)
  8. Santiago (city)
  9. Bolivia (country)
  10. Lake Titicaca (region)
  11. Cusco (city)
  12. Machu Picchu (region)
  13. Lima (Peru) (city)
  14. Cartagena (city)

Carolina from Medellin

Colombia is the place. Medellin, Bogota, Cartagena..

1. Colombia (country)
  2. Medellin (attraction)
  3. Bogota (city)
  4. Cartagena (city)

Dani from Nova Friburgo

I think that Rio de Janeiro is a good place to you. This is a energetic city both day and night and you can get a lot of fun.

1. Rio de Janeiro (city)