lynda asked

I only want to drive 7 horus per day

I only want to drive during daylight hours and no more than 7.5 hrs per day. Can you customize this for me? Sonoma CA - Manhattan NYC. Will it include gas stops, where to stay?

Sonoma (California) Manhattan (New York)

Take I-80 E to Battle Mountain, Nevada. Leave at 4AM. Carry 1 case of water per person. Use hotwire.com to make reservations on the trip. Download the app before you start the trip. 
Drive to Green River, Wyoming on I-80 E.
Drive to North Platte, Nebraska on I-80 E.
From North Platte to Des Moines, Iowa. Stay on the East Side of each city if you can, so you don't go through traffic.
From Des Moines, Iowa go I-80E to South Bend, Indiana. 
From South Bend, Indiana to Ashtabula, Ohio. I-80 becomes I-90E. You will need a fast pass to go through tolls on I-80 and I-90.
From Ashtabula, Ohio to Manhattan, NY you go South on 11 to I-80E to I95 into Manhattan. 
La Quinta Inns are a nice Chain. I prefer Hampton Inns. You can research hotels in each city. I have given you a safe, easy, plan for driving.
Leave at 4am each day.

lynda
Hazel thank you so very much. I am 72 and driving alone so don't want to push things.