Katie from Los Angeles asked

Best free things to do in Sint-Jans-Molenbeek?

I'm going to be in Sint-Jans-Molenbeek next month and will be on a pretty tight budget. I'm looking for the best free and inexpensive things to check out! I love the outdoors, art, museums, you name it. Thanks!

Sint-Jans-Molenbeek (Belgium)

Alexandra from Brussels, Belgium

Sint-Jans-Molenbeek is not a really recommended neighborhood, the poorest in Brussels, you should just know it. It can be interesting on a social point of view and there's a lot of different ethnicities living there, mostly from the maghreb so you can probably find good tea, shisha and products from Morocco or Algeria. I wouldn't advise to explore the whole neighborhood at all ( I heard thebut to explore Adagio Brussels Centre Monnaie ( not far at all ! ) like the Marollen, the Grand PlaceSint-Katelijneplein / Place Sainte-Catherine and everything around. Then you can take the transports to go to the Bois de la Cambre. Not far from Molenbeek there is the koekelberg cathedral, an impressive cathedral. And there is Tour & Taxi, an old stock building for shipping where they have loads of expo and events ! The Atomium is also a really touristic place and a quite fun thing to visit. You should go to the Eugène Flageyplein to have a drink ( cafe Belga is pretty nice and trendy and not too expensive ). Schuman is the  european parliament area and the Parc du centenaire is not far to walk to and a quite nice place to hang out. 

Most museums are free only on Wednesday all around brussels. Natural history museum is nice and the Beaux-arts too. The comic museum is a beautiful art nouveau building from horta ( most famous art deco architect in Belgium ). Check out the view for the music instruments too ! ( also an art nouveau building ).

Brussels is small and the metro/tram/bus are not too expensive. Take a day pass or a Ten ride card. You can buy it in every metro/tram station. 

Hope it kind of helped :) 

Clara

Bozar in the central of Brussels is definitely worth for visiting.
Another beautiful thing is parking 58, you go upstairs of a building/parking and you have the most beautiful view of Brussels, especially at sunset it is amazing. Quiet beautiful and for free! Finish your day in beauty at parking 58. You can easily find the way to go there on google. Have fun! 

1. Bozar (attraction)
Sophie

I don;t know it well, am assuming you are talking about Brussels where everything is. Molenbeek is kind of out of the way, I would pick something central in the 1000 zip, 1060, 1040.

Plenty of museums and typical things to do in the Center!