Arun
Bangalore

Singapore

Tourist travel pass

I am travelling to singapore along with my wife and daughter. Our stay is for 5 days. What is the best and the cheapest way of travelling. Should I take ezlink card or should i take the MRT tourist pass or should I just buy off tickets for every trip

Thanks a lot

SC from Petaling Jaya

As someone who travels to Singapore for the odd concert now and again, I typically reload about S$10 to get around from landing to departure (day of concert to the following evening - 18 hours or so?), and it would cost about that much (or less, I still have some balance by the time I leave) to get around mostly by MRT and the odd bus ride or two. 

The only con is that you don't get to see the sights if you go around by train.

To answer your question: You CAN look into the Singapore Tourist Pass (Google it), but last I checked, the longest they have is 3 days. After that, it just becomes your regular ez-link card that you can top up to get around the 2 days after that. If you don't want to keep the Tourist Pass, you at least get your deposit back when you return it. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(Sorry I'm not much help)

Jerry from United States

the mrt ezlink would give you more saving if you travel a lot.  the single tickets are most expensive, though not much, and more troublesome.

Atomic

Cheapest would be ezlink card if you have a fixed plan for places to visit, rough estimate would be around 3 destinations. I spend about $3 in my ezlink travelling to work and home, and maybe around $5 if going somewhere for dinner before going home. Tourist pass is great if you plan to visit more places (5 or more) per day.

Janelle from Charleston

The best AND the cheapest means of transport is the MRT.  Nearly all of the city's attractions are within a short walk of the nearest station.  For a 5-day trip I'd recommend buying a "Singapore Tourist Pass" for each of you, which you can buy inside Changi Airport Singapore and at kiosks inside every station (it's easier for tourists unfamiliar with the system to use the manned ones, not the automated ones).  I'd recommend putting at least $25 (about USD $20) per person...you can always add more if needed. For those attractions where car travel is needed (e.g. the Singapore Zoo), taxis are cheap and plentiful. 

1. Changi Airport Singapore (attraction)
  2. Singapore Zoo (attraction)

Akhilesh from New Delhi, India

MRT is the cheapest and the fastest mode of transport.

Tricia from Singapore

If you get the ez-link card, the initial cost is $12, with a non-refundable deposit of $5. However, if you get the MRT tourist pass, you would be able to get back your $10 deposit. So if you're doing a lot of traveling, the MRT tourist pass is a good idea!