Daisy asked

Where to stay and easy going things to do around Siena

My dad, my boyfriend and I are going to Italy in June for a family wedding and a weeks holiday. The wedding is just outside Siena, so we will be spending at least some time there. 

My dad is 65, he wants to see the architecture which shouldn't be a problem, he's pretty active but I doubt he'll want to be on his feet all day so we want the trip to be fairly easy going. 

We're thinking we will probably spend a couple of days in the city then hopefully rent a car to drive a little into the sticks and spend the rest of the trip taking it easy somewhere picturesque.

Any suggestions of places or things to do/see/eat/drink/stay/visit will be hugely appreciated!

Siena   Tuscany

Gordon from Baltimore

I have been going to Siena annually for many years, and for my money the best restaurant in town is Osteria Le Logge located just off the Campo at 33 via del Porrione. It is authentic Tuscan cuisine done with traditional prep and love that is so often missing in Italy today. As for lodging in Siena itself my suggestion is Palazzo Bruchi di Camilla  Masignani. It is high quality and reasonably priced with great walking proximity to all the Siena sights. You are lucky to be visiting one of the greatest cities in the world. Enjoy!

1. Siena (city)
  2. Osteria Le Logge (restaurant)