Hello! I need your help!! I will go with my girlfriend to Sicily, for 1 week! Between 20-27 September.. my questions are:
1. In general, is the weather good during mid-late September to visit beaches and have bath??
2. One friend, who visited Sicily, suggested me to visit the must places : Palermo, San Vito beach, Mondelo Beach, Balestrate Beach, Catania, Taormina, Siracousa, Aetna, and maybe Trapani and Cefalu. How should I arrange it?
I want to visit traditional cities, nice beaches, and just to take a good picture of Sicily..
3. Important notification : I arrive and depart from Palermo airport
4. I ll try to rent a car, just to be able to go from city to city easier . The problem is that I don't have a credit card ! Will I be able to rent a car with cash there ??Otherwise, can i visit every place with bus??
5. My first thought was to spent 3 first days at Palermo and visit the near places from there, and the rest days at Catania , and visit from there Taormina etc etc . What's your suggestion??
6. Should I visit Agrigento? It's kinda far away from the other places I ll go!
Thanks in advance
1. The weather is generally gorgeous in September and the sea warm
2. 5. Your program is far too big for one week - you'll have to keep in mind the long distances on Sicily. Maybe you should book a pre-organized roundtrip that starts in Palermo
4. Car rental without a credit card is not possible
5. The idea of spending 3 days in Palermo and 3 days in Catania is not bad, but without a car you'll loose much time on trips by local buses, which are not very reliable (delays). Instead of spending 3 days in Catania I would suggest 3 days in Taormina or (better, because cheaper) in Giardini-Naxos, which lies under Taormina
6. You could go from Taormina to Agrigento by excursion bus.
Hope my tips are helpful