Romain
Lyon

Sicily

10 days trip what do you suggest to do ?

I am doing a trip in Sicily in May. What do you suggest to see or do there.

What are the musts, the best restaurants, bars. And also where to party ?

Maggie from New York City

I was only there for a few days, but stayed in Macari, which was beautiful. Beautiful and cute bed & breakfasts, pristine beaches, and a lot of fun restaurants and bars along the beach. Definitely recommend. 

1. Macari (attraction)

Jesmond from Malta

Taormina is an absolute must visit, plus the Gole AlcantaraMount EtnaModicaAgrigento. I would also suggest you a boat trip to the Stromboli volcano and the black beaches and the islands in between. I also really like CefaluPalermo and Marsala. Car rental is strongly recommended, 

1. Taormina (attraction)
  2. Gole Alcantara (attraction)
  3. Mount Etna (attraction)
  4. Modica (city)
  5. Agrigento (attraction)
  6. Stromboli (attraction)
  7. Cefalu (city)
  8. Palermo (city)
  9. Marsala (city)

Trish from London

As a first timer, I would probably head to Taormina - it's very pretty and near many attractions like Mount Etna and archaeological sites. There are good restaurants and beaches nearby, so enough to do in the evening. You can drive over to the other side of the island and visit Macariwhich has beautiful beaches and good food. I personally wouldn't bother with Palermo - it's a big city, really. Though if you're a Godfather fan, you can go to Corleone just to say you did it. Nothing to see or do unless you want to visit the Mafia museum, but kind of a kick to say you've been. 

We visited Favignana island off the West coast and it was absolutely stunning. My guess is that it has the same kind of beaches as the Aeolian islands on the other side, except zero frills (we stayed on a fishing boat). Its kind of a well-kept secret of the Sicilians. Don't tell them I told you :)

1. Taormina (attraction)
  2. Mount Etna (attraction)
  3. Macari (attraction)
  4. Corleone (city)
  5. Favignana (attraction)

John

Hit Syracuse, Agrigento, Noto (wonderful) and Palermo(it's a wild place).  Eat Pasta con Sarde.

If you can hit an agricultural tourism place --- do it!

Palermo - definite party town potential ( but I'd watch myself).

You might enjoy Taormina which is a resort town.

1. Syracuse (city)
  2. Agrigento (attraction)
  3. Noto (city)
  4. Palermo (city)
  5. Taormina (attraction)