Justin
Phoenix

Show Your Favorite Holiday Travel Photo!

So, what's your favorite holiday photo you've ever taken?

Mine is a shot of two guys riding around Hanoi on a motorscooter ... along with a headless, life-seized, gyrating animatronic Santa Claus.

... aaaaaand here's the photo.

Jillian from Los Angeles

My sister and I were flying home from visiting family in Michigan last November and "Santa" was seated right across the row from us. He jingled all the way to his seat and I don't think we stopped laughing the entire flight. Had to snap a picture (yes, "Santa" has a flip phone):

Peter from Munich

Here some pictures I took in Old Sacramento. I was out for taking some night shoots and i saw they have the "theatre of lights" going on every night.  It's a pretty cool show, where the present the history of the city, california and even the US. The use some amazing light effects.

If you can, you should go and check it out.

1. Old Sacramento (neighborhood)

Justin-my husband (Scott Mahaffy) wanted to post this one for you, but I have the pics saved on my computer.  It was taken December in Madrid (crazy holiday decorations!) at the Puerta del Sol which was in full celebration mode that evening after a football win, street performers en masse and happy people everywhere!

1. Puerta del Sol (attraction)

Pamela from New Canaan, Connecticut

Santa, checking the departures board at the Reykjavik airport...reindeer out of commission?

1. Reykjavik (city)

I grew up in sunny California, where I'm able to go to the beach and have BBQs during the holiday season, so anytime I go elsewhere where there's consistent snow fall, it's just the epitome the holidays for me.  I wish I could find pictures of the snowy winters I spent in Europe, but here's my favorite one Stateside in Berwyn, Pennsylvania:

It was very tranquil and beautiful over there :)

1. Berwyn (city)

Arti from Mumbai

Took this photo at over 10000 feet in the air Badrinath in India. I had woken up at around 4 am in the morning, It was freaking cold and I had cold burns all over my body. But the sight which greeted me was one which left me speechless.

The first rays of the sun hitting the Neelkanth Peak also known as the 'Garhwal Queen'

It was an overwhelming experience. Wrote a blog post on my experience in detail here, do check it out - http://www.myyatradiary.com/2011/07/neelkanth-peak-in-badrinath.html

1. Badrinath (city)
  2. India (country)

Louise from Los Angeles

I took this back a couple of years ago after it snowed and it was perfect. This was taken in Big Bear City, California.

1. Big Bear City (city)

Jenna from Oakville, Ontario

Though not as hysterical as some of these travel photos already shared -- I will never forget that one year I spent the Christmas holidays in the Arctic of Canada - Nunavut

Jenna
Travelling the World | Making a Difference  
http://www.giveforgranted.com

1. Nunavut (state)

Todd from Cincinnati

Downtown Cincinnati, Ohio on Fountain Square at Christmas time is always a fun place to be!

1. Cincinnati (city)
  2. Fountain Square (restaurant)

Scott from Fort Collins

That is awesome!  Your experience, and photo, are classic.  Thanks for sharing!  I can't stop laughing!  

This was a picture I took of the windows at Bergdorf Goodman one year about two years ago. It's a bit fuzzy because it was taken through glass but I still love it. I love it because the Christmas windows at BG are like no others on the planet and for me, really symbolize Christmas in the city. 

Here's one more just for fun:

1. Bergdorf Goodman (attraction)

Yours is so cool. I don't think I can find one like yours but at least I am going to try. Will check on my pics and will get back soon!!