Camille

Shanghai

What are Shanghai's coolest hotels?

With budget not being an issue, where are the coolest places to stay in Shanghai?  I love modern hotels with big pools.

Brenna from Toledo (Ohio)

1. The Portman Ritz-Carlton, Shanghai (hotel)

Robert Glenn from Manhattan Beach

I would check out the Grand Hyatt Shanghai located above the 54th floor of the Jin Mao Tower (bldg. in the middle). This building is part of the signature skyline in Lujaizui on the opposite side of the river from The Bund, but there is under river walking access to central Shanghai. When you stay or dine here, you are looking at the entire city. At night it is amazing, not to mention some pretty weird surrounding buildings. The pool is indoors, but on the 57th floor surrounded by infinity, all-glass views of the city. The spas/steam areas adjacent the pool are gender separate, and I have to say it is amazing to be soaking naked, 57-floors above the night lights of Shanghai. It is a wonderful way to end a long Chinese day in the city. I am actually posting about this hotel in my blog: http://rbtglennketchum.blogspot.com/2014/12/weekly-post-shanghai-oz-of-orient-by.html as I have stayed there often over many years and it still continues to amaze me. Check out the breakfast!!!

1. Jin Mao Tower (attraction)

Janice from Minneapolis

I would say Hotel Indigo Shanghai On The Bund, which is a great, funky hotel with an awesome pool. I think it's fairly new which is always nice. Love the decor here--it's like the Partridge Family meets Joy Luck Club. Such a fun place!!!

1. Hotel Indigo Shanghai On The Bund (hotel)