Keith
Denver

Shanghai

Flea Markets or antique shops in Shanghai?

I'm going to Shanghai on business in a couple of months.  I usually take my wife on these things, but she'll be unable to make it this time, so I have strict orders from her to bring back something for the house.  She loves antiques and quirky objects so I’m thinking a flea market is the place to find something. She collects material and clothing, so I’m thinking that’s what I’ll go for.  Any suggestions?

Esther from Tel Aviv

antique markets are near the  Yuyuan Garden area. The streets adjacent to there do sell antiques, but be careful of fakes. 

1. Yuyuan Garden (attraction)

Mandy from Shanghai

I recommend you to try Tianzifang where you may find interesting objects as souvenirs, from home decors to scarfs and jewelry, and prices are varied. Expect to bargain when you find your treasures. Inside these maze-liked old lanes where you may find many interesting restaurants and bars, not a bad idea to grab a coffee in the afternoon or have a dinner at night. Good luck

1. Tianzifang (attraction)