Chris

Chris from London asked

What to do with a day in Seville?

Me, my partner and his mum and dad are going to Seville in mid April. We've never been before and only have a day, arriving 10am and leaving 11am the next morning. We're staying in the centre of town not far from the Cathedral. What should we see and do to get the best out of the city in 24 hours? Also if you could pick 1 place for dinner in Seville, where would it be (mid price)? Is there a great place to have breakfast the next morning near the Cathedral? Thanks very much!

Seville

Walk...and then walk some more. Walk around near the Seville Cathedral, walk to Plaza de España and explore the beautiful park surrounding the area, walk over the bridge to Triana to explore where the locals live and come back along the river. If you are enamored with bull fighting take in a match or go on the tour of the bullring. You can go watch flamenco or tour the Cathedral or Alcázar of Seville (get ready to que). I would just soak up as much as you can.  

And if I had only one meal in Seville I wold eat at Ovejas Negras about a five minute walk from the Cathedral. BEST FOOD IN SEVILLE!!! A local spot, great food and prices and not open real late. For a classic local and reasonably priced dinner I would go to Bar Estrella. Again all locals and good. Enjoy

Chris
Thanks so much for a great answer! That's really helpful.

1. Seville Cathedral (attraction)
  2. Plaza de España (attraction)
  3. Triana (attraction)
  4. Alcázar of Seville (attraction)
  5. Ovejas Negras (restaurant)
  6. Bar Estrella (restaurant)
Lindsay from Traveling Throughout Europe :-)

Seville is a very easy place to just walk and see beautiful sites! Make sure to wander around Barrio Santa Cruz neighborhood - filled with tiny streets and passageways. Plaza de España is a MUST see - the tile work is amazing! Eat the churros at Churreria Los Especiales  which is a street eatery located next to the  bridge leading to Triana. For a good view of the city go to Espacio Metropol Parasol - 3 Euros and you get a free drink ticket to use at a local bar. Make sure to try a variety of wines and tapas - I didn't eat much in the city but I would stop for a drink at a local bar -- you really can't go wrong! Enjoy your time in Seville!

1. Barrio Santa Cruz (attraction)
  2. Plaza de España (attraction)
  3. Espacio Metropol Parasol (attraction)
  4. Triana (attraction)