Lola
Ireland

Lola from Ireland asked

Travelling to Seville

I'm gong to Seville, Spain late February.
Anyone has recommendations on places to see eat, shop and see live Flamenco. Prefer non-tourist places :)
How's the weather? Any other tips???
Thank you!

Seville

Russell from Columbia, South Carolina
Triana is where you can see "real" flamenco.  Late at night in the local bars.  But if you want to see profesionals beutifully executing their craft you must get a ticket to one of the shows in a theatre, I like La Casa del Flamenco - Auditorio Alcántara.  Do both so you can see the difference. Both are fantastic in their own right.  Spain means Tapas, Bodega Santa Cruz las Columnas for a tradional place or Mama Bistro for a modern take.  El Baratillo for somthing local and proud.  But my favourite is Bodeguita Romero, small, friendly, local and delicious.  There is a tremendous El Corte Inglés Plaza Del Duque De La Victoria  in Seville with a specialty food section on the top floor along with a cafe and great views of the city.  Depending on the length of your stay, you may want to venture out to Granada or Ronda or Malaga.  I would suggest renting a car.  Spanish trains are expensive and the times are not always convenient.  The distances can be great, so you may want to consider overnighting in another city while traveling about.