Kelly
St. Louis

Seville, Granada

Few days in either city (Seville & Granada) --which one should I pick?

The 2-wk itinerary to Spain/Portugal is already exhausting and we are trying to cut out some places. Between Madrid, Toledo, Granada, Seville, Farro, Porto and Lisbon, which should stay on the list???

Marla from Scottsville

Granada is a MUST visit!  We went in 2010 and visited the Alhambra, stayed in and explored the Albayzin, strolled through the Sacromonte, enjoyed the Turkish Bath, and sampled endless tapas and glasses of local wine.  One day we went on an olive oil tour and did an olive oil tasting.  Loved it!  We went to Madrid too, but if I had to choose one, I'd pick Granada.

1. Granada (city)
  2. Alhambra (attraction)
  3. Albayzin (attraction)
  4. Sacromonte (attraction)

Howard

Although your itinerary would suggest Seville, I would opt out and visit Granada. The Alhambra Is awesome.

1. Seville (city)
  2. Granada (city)
  3. Alhambra (attraction)

I haven't been to Faro either, but it's on your way to Lisbon so it makes sense to stop there and explore. I have heard that it's beautiful. Porto is absolutely amazing, but it's out of your way, so I'd save that for another trip.

If you leave out Porto, you have a pretty nice itinerary there.

1. Faro (city)
  2. Lisbon (city)
  3. Porto (city)

Hi Kelly,

I haven't been to Faro or Porto (I heard that Porto is beautiful) but definitely keep Seville Madrid Lisbon and Granada - all well worth visiting. Toledo is only a few miles from Madrid and there is a fast rail line connecting both cities. It is possible also to combine Sevilleand Granada easily. I would say allow 3-4 days for both Madrid & Lisbon and then maybe base yourself in Seville for a few days to visit the Andalucía area, which is spectacular.

1. Faro (city)
  2. Porto (city)
  3. Seville (city)
  4. Madrid (city)
  5. Lisbon (city)
  6. Granada (city)
  7. Toledo (city)
  8. Andalucía (attraction)