Tammy
Iowa City

Seville

Attractions in Seville

My fiancee and I are going to be exploring the U.K. after our London honeymoon and we need to make a quick trip to Seville for another wedding. We're talking two or three days there just to see it--anyone have any ideas about what to see? 

All of Seville is beautiful and you'll enjoy the tiny shopping streets, but most of the biggest "tourist" stuff is all together in close quarters where three religions lived together at a time.  

See the Seville Cathedral where Christopher Columbus rests and climb up the Cathedral Giralda, the Moorish tower that was created to allow horses to ride to the top.

Across the street is the Moorish palace with beautiful gardens, the Alcazar Cathedral and just behind that is La Judería, the old Jewish quarter of Seville with tiny streets and darling cafes. 

In one direction, you can walk to the Plaza de España which is absolutely gorgeous or loop back towards the Cathedral to find yourself in tapas country.  All the best tapas restaurants and bars are here and it's quite busy at night.

Remember that Spanish meal times are late.  Dinner begins at 9:30, but most places won't get busy until 11 or later.  Lunch begins around 2.  Try ay Maricrú at c/ Pasaje de Vila, 6 for an amazing tapas meal.

Whether you want to catch a bull fight or not, it's lovely to see the Plaza de Toros de Sevilla and walk along the river there.

For more details, check out my blog post from my trip to Seville.

1. Seville Cathedral (attraction)
  2. Cathedral Giralda (attraction)
  3. Alcazar Cathedral (attraction)
  4. Plaza de España (attraction)
  5. Plaza de Toros de Sevilla (attraction)
  6. ay Maricrú (restaurant)

Vincent from Paris

Hi Tammy

2 or 3 days will be perfect in Sevilla, it is one of my favorite places!

you should go to jardines del Royal Alcázar of Seville, parque Santa Lucía SA, but also la Giralda, take time and have a walknear elRío Guadalquivir, and enjoy tapas, and envoy guitar shows in the streets during the night

have a nice time there

vinz

1. Royal Alcázar of Seville (attraction)
  2. Santa Lucía SA (attraction)
  3. Giralda (restaurant)
  4. Río Guadalquivir (attraction)

Lola from Seville

In sevilla must see the El Giraldillo, the real citadels, the cathedral, the Torre del Oro, must walk along the streets of Triana and the Barrio Santa Cruz, take wine and lids in his bars, walk next to the Río Guadalquivir. Debits you eat in the mythical bar Patio San Eloy and in Los Coloniales.

1. Triana (attraction)
  2. Barrio Santa Cruz (attraction)
  3. Río Guadalquivir (attraction)
  4. Patio San Eloy (attraction)
  5. Los Coloniales (attraction)
  6. El Giraldillo (attraction)
  7. Torre del Oro (attraction)

Jackie from Germany

Two or three days is just the right amount of time. Check out the  Alcázar of Seville, especially if you can't make it to Granada to see the Alhambra. If you choose to go to the  Seville Cathedral know that the main alterpeice is under construction (might be a deal breaker if that's your sort of thing.) Head down to Calle Sierpes to spot where Cervantes first scribbled down bits of Don Quixote and eat some Spanish pasteries at the famous  Confitería La Campana.  Don't forget to head across the river to the  Barrio de triana for fantastic handmade tiles (especially if you want a custom tile with your new last names or house numbers!)

1. Alcázar of Seville (attraction)
  2. Alhambra (attraction)
  3. Seville Cathedral (attraction)
  4. Confitería La Campana (restaurant)
  5. Barrio de triana (attraction)
  6. Calle Sierpes (attraction)

Marc from Los Angeles

I'm so jealous! At every turn in this gorgeous city is a hidden plaza or architecture showcasing Roman, Islamic, Gothic, Renaissance, or Baroque styles. This city is an architecture lovers paradise! Two traditions of Seville are flamenco and bullfighting. Seville is also famous for it's Tapas and nightlife. The people here know to to party!

Casa de Pilatos - This palace was built in 1520 and is actually currently the permanent residence of the Dukes of Medinaceli.

I agree with seeing the Alcazar Cathedral but I would also see the Seville Cathedral. This is largest Gothic cathedral and the third-largest church in the world! It's also the burial site of Christoper Columbus.

1. Casa de Pilatos (attraction)
  2. Alcazar Cathedral (attraction)
  3. Seville Cathedral (attraction)

Shauna from Santa Monica, California

Definitely see Alcazar Cathedral. Hard to imagine, but there are 80 chapels here and at one point in the late 1800's there were 500 masses per DAY. That's a whole lotta prayers. I also love Plaza de España. This is now mainly government buildings, but it is terrific architecture and was incidentally, used in the movie Lawrence of Arabia.

If you need a hotel, check out Hotel San Gil. It has bunch of years since I stayed here, but it was a nice place with good rates. They had recent renovations & I love the look of their new pool & sundeck.

1. Hotel San Gil (hotel)
  2. Alcazar Cathedral (attraction)
  3. Plaza de España (attraction)

dune from Madrid

Hi Tammy :)
Somehow I'm Sevillana and I can tell you you can not leave there without visiting Torre del Oro, Giralda, Parque de María Luisa, A CATHEDRAL, THE MONASTERY AREA AND EXPO, THE DOWNTOWN ... those are the most important points, I hope you'll have a safe trip and wedding.
greetings from Spain:)

D.

1. Parque de María Luisa (attraction)
  2. Torre del Oro (attraction)
  3. Giralda (restaurant)