Marvin
Clemson

Seoul

What are the best and affordable restaurants in Seoul?

I will be close to the Coex center at Seoul, South Korea. I would like to know the best restaurants, but affordable at the same time. I will be there for a week.

슬기

Saladian is a restaurant that specializes in salad dishes, serves vegetarian food, and is recommended by the Seoul Government. The name is a newly-coined word that means a person who loves salad. The portion size of their salads makes for a filling meal, and you can add more toppings and other condiments as well. The restaurant chooses the freshest and healthiest ingredients, and they use pasta made of 100% semolina. Their pasta with olive oil is the most popular item besides the salads.

1. Saladian (restaurant)

HK from Seoul

Take the subway line number 2 from Samsung Station (Connected to  Coex building) to Yeoksam. It's 2 stations away toward the station in Gangnam. Take the exit number 6. Walk toward Cha Hospital for about 150 meters. There is a restaurant called Pyung Ga Ok. Try On Ban (11,000 Won~12,000 Won)" or Naeng Myun (11,000 Won). It's dumpling ("Mandoo") is very good, too. Price per dish is around 10,000 Won (about 9 USD). Very good food, highly recommended.

After Pyung Ga Ok, walk to the Gangnam Station (about 7-minute walk) and walk around. There are nice restaurants all over. Be brave. Ask around. You will find lots of young people willing to help you. Enjoy Seoul! - HK 

1. Yeoksam (attraction)
  2. Gangnam (attraction)
  3. Pyung Ga Ok (restaurant)

Christina

The COEX Mall will not be cheap but if you go to the central areas of Seoul there are a lot of nice and affordable restaurants more available for you. I think that this one is a good list to start with:

http://www.trazy.com/theme/korean_restaurants

1. COEX Mall (attraction)
  2. Seoul (city)

Juli from New York City

You *have* to try Sanchon, Buddhist temple Korean food - full of roots and vegetables over many delicious courses. It's authentic, delicious, healthy, and won't break the bank (especially if you go during lunch).You can find information about it here: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g294197-d802826-Reviews-Sanchon-Seoul.html 

You must also go to Koong, which serves North Korean style dumplings and dumpling soup. Dumpling soup is my favorite food, and I literally dream about this place: http://www.seoulfood.org/2011/koong-mandu-soup/

If you want delicious Korean - Italian fusion, try Tasting Room, in Cheongdam, just a few minutes away by taxi. It's delicious, trendy, and for upscale dining, not too pricey. I've seen one or two celebrities there too, if that's your thing. http://www.tastingroom.co.kr/

My favorite neighborhood is Samcheong-dong, where you can walk along the main street, do some shopping, check out traditional architecture, and get great food at every corner. http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g294197-d6656879-Reviews-Samcheongdong_gil_Road-Seoul.html

Yvon

Download the YAP app. Go to Ho Lee Chow by the Hamilton HotelOrder one entree. Get a free Sheshuan Chicken with yap. Bon appetite!

Ankara Palace for Turkish lunch buffet for 13 or 15,000 won.??

1. Ho Lee Chow (restaurant)
  2. Hamilton Hotel (attraction)
  3. Ankara Palace (restaurant)

Lisa from Stuttgart

Hi.  COEX Mall (Gangnam area of Seoul) just recently re-opened a couple of months ago after a total makeover.  For breakfast foods, Butterfinger Pancakes is popular, especially for their french toast. Burger B Kitchen & Bar has a fun menu and you can get burgers, bbq, sandwiches, salads. Mad For Garlic for Italian fine dining.  These are a few I'm familiar with. All of these are within walking distance of COEX. www.koreaye.com has a list of Restaurants and lots of good tips for visitors.  Enjoy your visit and let me know if I can help with any other info. Oh, and I'm originally from North Carolina :)

1. COEX Mall (attraction)
  2. Butterfinger Pancakes (restaurant)
  3. Burger B Kitchen & Bar (restaurant)
  4. Mad For Garlic (restaurant)

KyeongMi

there's not delicious food near COEX Intercontinental. ...so i think recommend go to Gangnam for you!

1. COEX Intercontinental (attraction)
  2. Gangnam (attraction)

Jounh

There is a a cheap restaurant named Rolled In Heaven.

1. Rolled In Heaven (restaurant)