Rob

Seoul

Looking to rent a furnished apartment in Seoul for one month?

I'm traveling to Seoul and want to find a furnished apartment for a month. Hoping for a one bedroom with a bed in the couch for guests. I've heard Officetel apartments are small, cheap, and affordable. Can a tourist get one of these on a month to month basis? 

Jonghwan from Seoul

Nice to meet you. Why don't you find some 'officetels' around Gwanghwamun area in Airbnb and try to rent in monthly-basis? I'm not sure if Airbnb supports such a long-term rent service for travellers, but I'd be fully interested in giving a small apartment for one month applying some discount if I were a Airbnb host. An 'officetel' in Korea is usually equipped with built-in refrigerator, washing machine, cooking range(gas or electric), and air-conditioner.

The Hotel Oakwood Premier Coex Center in Gangnam area mentioned by Miriam previously must be a really nice service apartment very near to a great attraction - COEX Mall, but the price is very high.

1. Gwanghwamun (attraction)
  2. Hotel Oakwood Premier Coex Center (attraction)
  3. COEX Mall (attraction)

Lisa from Stuttgart

Apartments in Seoul are very expensive and can require a huge security deposit.  When are you coming to Seoul?  Try www.airbnb.com or www.seoulloft.com.  do you know what area/district you want to be near?  You'll want to be near a train station stop.  Seoul is very crowded and trains are the easiest way to get around the city.

best of luck!

Miriam from Seattle

I don't know about Officetel but the Seoul Loft Apartments (SLA) in the Gangnam area are great.

1. Seoul Loft Apartments (SLA) (hotel)