Quincy "Action"
Gilbert

Sedona

What's a good place to stay for a romantic weekend getaway in Sedona?

Where is a reasonable place for a romantic weekend in Sedona for a couple?  I've never stayed at a bed and breakfast so I am not sure something like that would give us enough time to be alone.  

Also what are some fun and romantic things around the area to do?  We do enjoy the outdoors but would like to sleep in a bed. Where are some moderatly priced places to eat? Any romantic dinner recommendations?

Kara from Boston

If you are looking for an alternative option to the resorts in Sedona, I would highly recommend looking into Vacation Rentals by Owner (VRBO). The are homes and apartments that owners rent out, and many of them are outfitted for romantic getaways. You can choose your price range, amenities, and preferred location. I love traveling this way because it makes me feel more like a local, and allows flexibility to cook (which my boyfriend and I love to do). Here is where you can get started: http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/arizona/canyon-country-northeast/sedona

Shelby from Scottsdale

I love Sedona! My pick is to stay at Enchantment Resort (pricey, but worth mentioning). Budget wise, Adobe Grand Villas or Hilton Sedona Resort & Spa would be great options too. The Grand Villas would be a little more secluded. 

A great romantic thing to do would be the Verde Valley Wine CO!

1. Enchantment Resort (hotel)
  2. Adobe Grand Villas (hotel)
  3. Hilton Sedona Resort & Spa (hotel)
  4. Verde Valley Wine CO (attraction)

Krey

I've done most of the local attractions with my girlfriend and there are definitely some romantic destinations that we have enjoyed. The best time we had, however, was when I rented a Safari Jeep and we packed a picnic basket and a bottle of wine and ventured into Canyon de Chelly National Monument. It's a little more involved and requires money and time but it's a unique alternative to some of the other options in Sedona. Hope that helps "Action Jackson". Cheers!

1. Canyon de Chelly National Monument (attraction)
  2. Sedona (city)

Matt from Allentown, Pennsylvania

Enchantment Resort in Boynton Canyon (I never stayed there, but hiked the canyon many times during and after its construction – there's simply no place else like it for isolation and splendor).

L'Auberge De Sedona, right on Village of Oak Creek as the narrow canyon opens up to the town. You can walk to shops, restaurants, Tlaquepaque Arts & Crafts Village but still have a wonderful sense of privacy and serenity.

Neither are cheap, but well worth the splurge for a special occasion.

1. Enchantment Resort (hotel)
  2. Boynton Canyon (attraction)
  3. L'Auberge De Sedona (hotel)
  4. Village of Oak Creek (city)
  5. Tlaquepaque Arts & Crafts Village (attraction)