Saket asked

Driving time and stop overs

Hi, we would like to drive down to New Jersey from Seattle over the upcoming holidays. Is it worth driving that much distance with kids and a dog? We have about 10 days of vacation. What is the realistic time it will take each with stop overs and should we expect any adverse weather along the way?
Thank you!

Seattle New Jersey

Michael from New York City
Sounds like a lot of fun. I would expect with a northerly route you may hit some bad weather. You can do it in 10 days.  Assuming you are driving one-way and flying back? Even still, you'd be in the car a lot though.  I would just be careful with a mask and hand sanitizer when stopping. You can pack lunch food etc and eat in the car. 

Peter from Bloomington (Indiana)
I feel the need to point out that interstate travel to New Jersey is restricted because of COVID-19. You'd have to quarantine on arrival. Probably not the best plan now. Sorry.