Aerin
Santa Barbara

Aerin from Santa Barbara asked

Unique-to-Seattle restaurants that are good for dining solo?

It turns out that I'll have a day to myself during an upcoming trip to Seattle. Where are the best restaurants to eat by myself? Looking for something a little more relaxed and not packed with great food options that are unique to the city!

Seattle

Angie from Standale, Michigan

The Local 360 on 1st in Belltown has the best food in the city.  Every time I find myself in Seattle, I make it a point to go there.  Try anything with the fried chicken and the PBJ Bon Bons!

Great suggestion, Angie. I love Local 360. Oyster happy hour! By the way, I'm a community manager here and I've helped you highlight the restaurant in your answer on a map! In the future, you can do this yourself as you answer a question by simply typing the @-symbol followed by the name of the place. Take a look at your map next to your answer :)

1. Local 360 (restaurant)
Wendy from Gig Harbor, Washington

Try Matt's in The Market right in the Pike Place Market.  Any of Tom Douglas's restaurants are great too:  Dahlia LoungeLolaPalace Kitchen.  Have fun!

1. Matt's in The Market (restaurant)
  2. Pike Place Market (attraction)
  3. Dahlia Lounge (restaurant)
  4. Lola (restaurant)
  5. Palace Kitchen (restaurant)
Shannon from Vancouver

If you haven't been to the market yet, there are a lot of great options there, you can eat while you walk around and look.

I always hit up Ellenos Real Greek Yogurt (best yogurt in the world) and Piroshky Piroshky.

1. Ellenos Real Greek Yogurt (restaurant)
  2. Piroshky Piroshky (restaurant)
Marvin Paul from Milpitas

If the rumors are true Paseo Caribbean Restaurant re-opened. Worth the wait in line and it is usually the first place I have to go in Seattle (don't tell my aunt.)

Tracy from Portland, Oregon

I recommend Artusi near Capitol Hill - great ambiance, small tables or bar seating, delicious food, inventive cocktails!

1. Artusi (restaurant)
Peter from Munich

Hi Aerin,

you should try Pike Place Market. This is a famous place for Seattle and there are all kind of restaurants there or pretty close. Also in the Fremont Neighborhood there are a lot of nice restaurants, but I dont have any specific recommendation for you unfortunately.

Aerin
Thanks, Peter! Pike Place is definitely on my list!

Peter
Hi Aerin, btw you dont have to dine solo. I am currently in Seattle and depends on your trip date I am more than happy to join you. Always like to meet fellow travelers and also show you some of my favorite spots you shouldnt miss in Seattle. All up to you, but for sure a save and joyful trip to Seattle.

1. Pike Place Market (attraction)
  2. Fremont Neighborhood (neighborhood)