sarah
Dallas

Seattle, Washington

Things to do in Seattle (eat, drink) and where to stay?

Headed to Seattle in July this year. I have been a few times with family but I am 25 and want to enjoy the city with some friends! I would love any tips on the best bars, restaurants or places not to miss. Also, any advice on a neighborhood to stay in? Looking at Air BnB but not opposed to a hotel. 

Liz from Seattle

Fremont Neighborhood is a fun neighborhood but being a local I don't know the presence on there AirBnB. Plenty of bars, a chocolate factory you could tour (Theo Chocolate Inc) a few sculptures to see, some cute shops. A lot of people like Capitol Hill Neighborhood for the nightlife and hipster and gay-friendly scene. Belltown is close to downtown.

Seattle has wonderful parks. You could pick from any of these:

Kerry Park if you don't want to pay for a beautiful view of the city.

Golden Gardens for a beach with a view of mountains on a clear day.

Discovery Park for hiking on an acreage inside the city, with a lighthouse.

Do a little research on wta.org and you could find any number of hikes to choose from with waterfalls and mountain views, ~1 hour east of the city.

I don't really know what the best bars or restaurants would be to most people, but I like the view at sunset from Ray's Cafe (the upstairs) and my seafood-eating visitors like the seafood there. There are several breweries (Hale's Ales, Pyramid Alehouse, Reuben's Brews) in Seattle proper and wineries in Woodinville (Airfield Estates, Chateau St. Michelle, Columbia Winery) worth checking out. Araya's Vegetarian Place is a favorite of mine, with vegetarian Thai food.

Hope that helps you in some way or other!

1. Fremont Neighborhood (neighborhood)
  2. Theo Chocolate Inc (restaurant)
  3. Capitol Hill Neighborhood (neighborhood)
  4. Belltown (attraction)
  5. Kerry Park (attraction)
  6. Golden Gardens (attraction)
  7. Discovery Park (attraction)
  8. Ray's Cafe (restaurant)
  9. Araya's Vegetarian Place (restaurant)

Peter

Just did Seattle for a second time. Both times stayed at the Sheraton Seattle Hotel. Great central location, if you have starwood status, you have access to the club room that gives you breakfast and afternoon snacks & a fridge full of drinks. Pike Place Market is a  must. A friend also stayed at an airbnbn next to KeyArena that was nice, small 2 bedroom apartment. Walkable to a few bars & restaurants, as well as the Space Needle which is a must see as well. UberX there is plentiful, costs about $5-6 to go from the Space Needle to Pike Place Market.  

1. Sheraton Seattle Hotel (hotel)
  2. Pike Place Market (attraction)
  3. KeyArena (attraction)
  4. Space Needle (attraction)

Georgia from Minneapolis

I'm sure Pike Place Market is on your list but other than that, I suggest checking out Pioneer Square for good places to eat! 

1. Pike Place Market (attraction)
  2. Pioneer Square (attraction)