Jesse
Minneapolis

Seattle

Romantic/Special occasion dinner in Seattle?

My husband and I are doing a weekend in Seattle in December as a "mini-moon" as we recently got married & our honeymoon will be next spring but we want to do something fun to celebrate in the meantime.  

We're both first-timers to the Pacific Northwest and Seattle has always been on the bucket list.

I'm trying to plan a special occasion dinner for one of the nights we'll be there, but some advice would be great.  We like all kinds of food. Since we'll be on the coast (and not in Minnesota) some fresh seafood would be great.  Looking for around $100/person and are open to any kinds of dining experiences (tasting menus, different restaurant concepts, etc), but mostly we just want to go somewhere were food will be great and service will take care of us well.

Any suggestions?

Chandra from Boulder

My boyfriend and I did the Space Needle one anniversary and it was a blast! Good food and wine and quite the view :)

Cantinetta in Wallingford is delicous as well!

1. Space Needle (attraction)
  2. Cantinetta (restaurant)

Taryn from Bellevue

1. Salty's on Alki (restaurant)

Shannon from Vancouver

SkyCity at the Needle is a rotating restaurant at the top of the Space Needle. If you plan on going up the needle anyway, this might be something you want to consider since you go up at no cost when you're going to the restaurant. There is a minimum charge of $35 per person that isn't really hard to reach.

Palomino - Seattle is another good restaurant in Seattle with a great cocktail menu.

Dragonfish Asian Cafe is another of our favorites. You order small plates so you get to try a lot of different things and they have good sushi. Maybe not for your big, romantic night, but it would be good for one of your other dinners.

Since you're going to be in Seattle in December, I highly recommend checking out ACT Theatre's production of The Christmas Carol. It is within walking distance of the last two restaurants, via monorail and then a short walk if you're coming from SkyCity in Seattle Center. They do it theatre-in-the-round style so there are no bad seats and it is an excellent production!

Congratulations and have a great trip!

1. SkyCity at the Needle (restaurant)
  2. Palomino - Seattle (restaurant)
  3. Dragonfish Asian Cafe (restaurant)
  4. ACT Theatre (attraction)

Jenn from Boston

I agree with a few of the recommendations here like Canlis for great views and a unique dining experience. Ray's Boathouse and has excellent seafood and wonderful sunset views as well. Dinner on top of the Space Needle & Restaurant is certainly unique as well. Double check recent reviews as I've been there once that was great and once not so good. PalisadeHas an asian flare with amazing sunset views as well. Good luck making you choice!

1. Canlis (restaurant)
  2. Ray's Boathouse (restaurant)
  3. Space Needle & Restaurant (restaurant)
  4. Palisade (restaurant)

Brooke from Issaquah

1. Canlis (restaurant)

Amit from Seattle

Wild Ginger offers great sea food, a twist on asian and the best service in the northwest.

My second choice is a real small place in the market, Place Pigalle. It is not well talked about but has great view , decent wine and good food.

Seven Beef Steak Shopis a new place , great beef , can be a $150.00 a person , but a wonderful experience

1. Wild Ginger (restaurant)
  2. Place Pigalle (restaurant)
  3. Seven Beef Steak Shop (restaurant)

James

Hi Jesse, 

A good recommendation especially for a nice romantic seafood option in Seattle is Anthony's Pier 66. I would request a window table in the back room. You would get a beautiful view of the city skyline and their seafood is very good. It also fits your budget. Next option is the Edgewater Hotel, which is just 1 block over. Might be a hair more expensive but the hotel has a lot of cool classic rock history (Beatles, Led Zeppelin).

1. Anthony's Pier 66 (restaurant)
  2. Edgewater Hotel (hotel)