Jonathan
Dallas

Seattle

Looking for an excellent restaurant for our 1 year anniversary.

My wife and I will be taking a trip to Seattle for our 1 year anniversary this November. I'm trying to get some ideas for a restaurant for us to go to. I wouldn't say price is of no concern, but I would like to keep it under $175. We are not really wine drinkers so there wouldn't be much alcohol to figure into that price.

Finally, I am chef so I am somewhat picky. I have no problem spending $$ on a plate of food, but it has to be good.

RIght now I'm looking at Art of the Table and Altura.

Thanks for the help!

Elizabeth from Salt Lake City

I have been to Seattle twice, both on a budget ha so I can't speak to places that would be nice enough for an anniversary dinner maybe. But I do have to suggest going to Homegrown Sustainable Sandwich Shop for lunch at some point. Best sand which I've ever had. My husband is particularly obsessed with the coffee rubbed pork sand which. Have fun!

1. Homegrown Sustainable Sandwich Shop (restaurant)

Kristen from Seattle, Washington

What type of cuisine are you guys into and also are there specific areas of Seattle you are looking to dine in? Here are my general picks for the area: 

• La Medusa in Columbia City (4 miles south of downtown and easy to get to via the light rail). They have great, mostly local sourced food, Sicilian Fare.
  • In Capitol Hill you have your pick of excellent restaurants, with new ones opening up seemingly every week. Our perennial favorite is Quinn's Pub and for delicious vegan try Plum Bistro
  • For the quintessential Seattle vibe downtown, head to Matt's in The Market. I typically go for their Pork Belly Bahn Mi Sandwich during lunch - less crowds and slightly more affordable. If you go for dinner you will get to see the sunset over the water and the Pike Place Market sign.
  • In West Seattle you can try the only sustainable sushi joint north of California at Mashiko. If you're not into sushi - they have many other delicious things.

If you haven't already, I recommend checking out the http://seattle.eater.com/ - for the latest reviews and news to the scene here. They even have a convenient heat map so you can see what's what depending on the area your staying in.

1. La Medusa (restaurant)
  2. Quinn's Pub (restaurant)
  3. Plum Bistro (restaurant)
  4. Matt's in The Market (restaurant)
  5. Mashiko (restaurant)

hope from Seattle

A couple  recommendations... First, Joule is a pretty awesome (I don't want to call it 'fusion' but I guess technically...) Korean/American steakhouse. Besides great Korean steak dishes, they serve the best  octopus I can remember having, and their veggie dishes are all wonderful as well. Atmosphere is fun and trendy, and I feel like it's a restaurant you wouldn't find in every city.

For Seafood, (since it's Seattle, gotta reccomend fish at some point) RockCreek Seafood & Spirits is a newer restaurant that serves fish in just about any style. This place is modern and a little eclectic, which is nice since most 'seafood' restaurants in Seattle are quite old-school/traditional and not really inventive with their dishes. If you're a fan of oysters be sure to eat some in Seattle!

For Japanese I'll second Mashiko. It's not a fancy/stylish restaurant, so might not have the atmosphere you're looking for with an anniversary dinner... but if you're down with the causal setting, their Omakase options are an amazing value - no other Sushi place in Seattle provides such top quality fare at this price point. If you have a second night in Seattle, make a reservation here!

1. Joule (restaurant)
  2. RockCreek Seafood & Spirits (restaurant)
  3. Mashiko (restaurant)

Kelsy

Ruth's Chris Steak House is nice and very good food  

1. Ruth's Chris Steak House (restaurant)

We had dinner at a really neat, romantic Jazz club in Belltown near the Croc I wish I remembered the name.