Bianca
Miami

Seattle

Is Pike Place Market worth stopping at on the way to the airport?

My cruise from Alaska arrives at Pier 90 at around 8 AM, so I would think we'd unboard by 9 AM.  My flight from Seattle back home isn't till 2 PM, which gives me about 4 hours to explore Seattle, which I've never done before (wish I had thought to stay a few days before booking plane tickets!).

I keep hearing about the famous Pike Place Market.  I'll be taking a cab or a shuttle at the dock.  Is it worth stopping off at Pike Place Market and do I have time, or should I just head straight to the airport?

If you've never been to Seattle before and you have four free hours, I say for sure check out Pike Place Market!  It's actually on the way to the airport from your cruise port.  I hope you don't have too much luggage!  Just get dropped off at the market and you can take the train to the airport.  There's a Link Light Rail station just four blocks away -- the Westlake Station and currently, $1.75 would get you to the airport.

You can browse the market, see the water, the flying fish market, eat at a seafood restaurant, visit the Seattle Gum Wall, drink some coffee (the very first ever Original Starbucks), pick up some souvenirs, and just take in the sights and sounds.  Should you have time, the area around the market is nice to peruse around, too.  Have your lunch there!

1. Pike Place Market (attraction)
  2. Original Starbucks (restaurant)
  3. Seattle Gum Wall (attraction)

Andrew from Minneapolis

It is worth it.  It's one of the most iconic markets in the country. I could spend a month here. Be sure to check out Mee Sum Pastry, Gourmet Dog Japon and the Oriental Mart.

1. Gourmet Dog Japon (restaurant)
  2. Mee Sum Pastry (restaurant)
  3. Oriental Mart (attraction)