Jacqueline
Walnut Creek

Seattle

Grand Hyatt vs. Olive 8 Hyatt

I have a Hyatt credit card and am looking to visit Seattle. I've read mixed reviews between Grand Hyatt vs. Olive 8 Hyatt. Which would you recommend staying at? Grand Hyatt is only $20 cheaper for the nights I'm looking at. Both are same distance to Pike Market.

Suzanne from Pasadena

Wow, I am the perfect person to answer this questions. I have stayed a combined 20 times in these hotels.The Grand Hyatt Seattlehas a lovely club level and fabulous views of the city, The Sound and the Space Needle. The decor is similar to Hyatt At Olive 8 - urban chic. Olive 8 has a younger feel and a fabulous restaurant called Urbane. The food is outstanding, especially breakfast.

Olive 8 offers city views and views of South Lake Union.We tend to stay at Olive 8 more, we like the vibe, the gym, the Spa and Urbane for cocktails too! (not that we don't like the Grand) The hotels are only a block away from each other so the location is the same. Both are in the perfect location and you can walk everywhere!

If you are looking for itinerary ideas, I have written many blog posts about Seattle. Email me if you have more questions and enjoy! 

1. Grand Hyatt Seattle (hotel)
  2. Hyatt At Olive 8 (hotel)

Annie from New York City

I think it depends on how much you would like to be catered. Olive 8  is great if you don't mind more independence with a "grab and go" section.  The Grand Hyatt Seattle Grand Hyatt with the club level is good for meetings or a place to be away from the lobby crowd, and has a higher service level. You can have drinks, coffee, etc to read.  Urbane is a block away if you choose to go there for eats.  From a rooms perspective, it's subjective; the plus/minuses do not amount to discomfort unless you are used to rooms where lights/curtains/etc are controlled from a central panel.

1. Olive 8 (attraction)
  2. Grand Hyatt Seattle (hotel)