Tatum
New Jersey

Seattle

Crossfit gyms with day passes

I'm coming to Seattle for a week and I don't want to miss getting my pump on.  I'll be staying near Pike Place Market and would prefer a Crossfit box within walking distance, but if there aren't any near my hotel, are there any other gyms in the area that offer day or week passes?  There is a gym at my hotel, but from what I can see in the photos, it looks pretty weak, so I would prefer to go to a fully equipped gym.

Lucky for you, Crossfit is pretty big in Seattle!  You literally have about half a dozen options in and around downtown, which is typically unheard of even in the most metropolitan of cities.  The most popular one is Foundation CrossFit in Capitol Hill and I know they have a $20 drop-in pass, and that comes with a t-shirt (or at least it use to)!

There are actually two Crossfit boxes literally right around the corner from the Pike Place Market -- Ox Box Gym, and Xplore Crossfit.

In Belltown, there's CrossFit Belltown, OGER Crossfit, Puget Sound Crossfit, and Crossfit SLU.

If you're feeling adventurous, you can go Crossfit Box hopping, find your favorite one, and build up rapport there for your next visit.  For a visitor's pass, I'm sure any of these places would be great.  I mean, have you ever been to a box that wasn't? ;)  If you were looking for a place to get a long term membership, you'd want to be more picky, but for just a non-committal day pass, I would just stop by the most convenient ones.

And for what it's worth, the 24 Hour Fitness chain is also up there and they typically have $15-$20 day passes, but with all these Crossfit options, you probably wouldn't have to resort to that :P

1. Foundation CrossFit (attraction)
  2. CrossFit Belltown (attraction)
  3. OGER Crossfit (attraction)
  4. Puget Sound Crossfit (attraction)
  5. Crossfit SLU (attraction)

Miriam from Seattle

I was sick the week that we were in Seattle, so I didn't get to work out at all, but my boyfriend checked out Foundation CrossFit by himself and he loved it so much that he went there almost every day during our trip!

1. Foundation CrossFit (attraction)

Jennifer Arlem from Seattle, Washington

Formerly known as Crossfit in Seattle. Sound Strength and Conditioning gym has two locations in Capitol Hill Neighborhood and North SeattleFree Trial Class Available!

1. Capitol Hill Neighborhood (neighborhood)
  2. North Seattle (neighborhood)