amy

Seattle

Best breakfast spots in Downtown Seattle?

I'll be in Seattle for a few days in early September and, as with any new city I travel to, I'm a sucker for finding a good classic breakfast spot. Any local favorites ?? 

Valerie from Seattle

I don't brunch nearly enough, but here are some of my faves:

Have a great trip!

1. Portage Bay Cafe & Catering (attraction)
  2. Toulouse Petit Kitchen & Lounge (restaurant)
  3. Biscuit B*tch (restaurant)
  4. The London Plane (attraction)

Jane from Portland

Voula's Offshore Cafe is my spot. It's an awesome breakfast and lunch counter cafe.

1. Voula's Offshore Cafe (restaurant)

S. from Vancouver

I like the Hi-Spot Cafe - it's on 34th between Union and Pike - but it's in Madrona, not downtown. Everything is homemade and good here, and the setting in a rambling old house is fun. Scones. Cheese-baked eggs.

Out in Frelard on Leary Way is Dish. Corned beef hash. Again, not downtown. No nearby Pronto cycle share stations, either.

Excellent breakfast is pretty much a neighborhood thing. Downtown, I'd probably just wander over to Pike Place Market. There is a lot to eat over there, including Cafe Campagne, which many have mentioned.

1. Hi-Spot Cafe (restaurant)
  2. Dish (restaurant)
  3. Cafe Campagne (restaurant)

Iain from Seattle

Coastal Kitchen has incredible brunches.

1. Coastal Kitchen (restaurant)

Alissa from Queen Anne

Cafe Campagne for sure. It's in Pike Place Market - perfect for a stroll afterwards to walk off that amazing croque monsieur. Open at 8am everyday (in Summer). Another go-to is Dahlia Lounge, as it has been consistently amazing for years and years. 

1. Cafe Campagne (restaurant)
  2. Pike Place Market (attraction)
  3. Dahlia Lounge (restaurant)

Stefan from Seattle

Glo's for classic American breakfast. Ba Bar Restaurant or Monsoon for good Vietnamese fusion. 

1. Glo's (restaurant)
  2. Ba Bar Restaurant (restaurant)
  3. Monsoon (restaurant)

Kristal from San Francisco

Amy,

I love Portage Bay there are a few locations I believe - so you can find one closest to you. For brunch you can order French toast, which is amazing, and they have a toppings bar which is free, you can pile on all the additional toppings you want and it makes it that much better!

1. Portage Bay (attraction)

Our favourite spot was in Queen Anne called The 5 Spot, it's a politically themed lively spot with great food! 

We also really liked the Athenian Seafood Restaurant & Bar -- it's in Pike Place, if you get a spot along the window you can look out onto the water, really nice and a Sleepless in Seattle scene was filmed here. 

1. The 5 Spot (restaurant)
  2. Athenian Seafood Restaurant & Bar (restaurant)

Lauren from Chicago

Hi Amy,

We loved Lola when we were visiting Seattle. Everything we had was delicious but the Eggs Benedict with the smashed garlic fried potatoes was a favorite, along with the made-to-order doughnuts served with seasonal jam that are shaken in a bag of sugar tableside! They definitely get busy so make reservation if possible.

1. Lola (restaurant)

Hello Amy!  One of our favorite breakfast/brunch spots, we go every time we visit my sister there, is Cafe Campagne.  The have a limited menu on weekdays for their "Summer Breakfast,", but we love their weekend brunch menu.  The food is fantastic!  They make a wonderful Croque Madame, and their Oeufs en Meurette is fantastic.  They get quite busy, so we usually can get seated pretty quickly by sitting at the bar.  Have a great time!

1. Cafe Campagne (restaurant)