Lori
Savannah

Savannah

Leisurely trip to Savannah

My family and I are taking a side trip to Savannah after a family reunion in a nearby town. We chose Savannah over Atlanta because we’re in the mood for a very, very leisurely weekend after a very busy school year and just want to chill. Any suggestions?

Brew from Manhattan Beach

The Old Town Trolley Tours of Savannah is a must. Do it as soon as you can, because it gives you a great overview of the city.

1. Old Town Trolley Tours of Savannah (attraction)

I can’t think of a better “chill” town than Savannah because all you have to do to enjoy it is nothing. That said, I would start off by talking a walk through the Savannah's Historic Districtjust to see the architecture and then head north through Forsyth Parkwhich is absolutely stunning. Once you get to the north side of the Park there are about 12 -15 little “Squares” you can wander through that are absolutely beautiful. If you want to be really, really lazy, I’d say try either the trolley tours or even the horse-drawn carriages. In almost any other city I’d stay away from these but in Savannah they’re really worth it. 

You might also want to check out Tybee Island, too. Great beaches, and a very relaxed atmospher. 

1. Savannah's Historic District (attraction)
  2. Forsyth Park (attraction)
  3. Tybee Island (attraction)