Sardinia

Must-try foods during two days in Sardinia

I'll be in Sardinia for two days during my Europe trip and I want to eat my way through it!  Are there any foods so restaurants that I really must try there?

Andrew from Minneapolis

I love Cabras: a small village in Sardinia with a big food reputation. It's known for having little restaurants called ittitourismos, where you don't order from a menu, you get what you're served. 

Here are a few restuarants that you should check out:

• Tonno di Corsa is a warm and cozy spot to enjoy some of the best seafood Sardinia has to offer. 
  • Il Pescatore, a renowned seafood restaurant set right against the water. Sit on the deck at night. The warm glow of the lights reflects on the clear blue water.
  • Al Tuguri: The menu varies by the day's catch. You could come back everyday for something new.
  • Ristorante La Gritta: Sourced from right outside the restaurant's doors, try the octopus marinated with ginger and the stuffed squid.
  • Nicolo: Order the tuna or the macaroni with pesto. Order anything really. All of it is good.
  • Su Gologone: The menu varies by season but all of the ingredients are fresh and local. Grab a seat on the terrace for a romantic dinner.
  • Dal Corsaro: Food is an art form at Dal Corsaro. Everything from the flavor to the plating is perfect.

1. Cabras (city)
  2. Tonno di Corsa (restaurant)
  3. Il Pescatore (restaurant)
  4. Al Tuguri (restaurant)
  5. Ristorante La Gritta (restaurant)
  6. Nicolo (attraction)
  7. Su Gologone (restaurant)
  8. Dal Corsaro (restaurant)

Albert from Belfast

I will always recommend one and the same place in Alghero: ' Poco Loco' restaurant. It's a place where you will listen to some great live music and eat a meter-long pizza :-) And it's the best pizza in the world. Especially after all day travel.

1. Poco Loco (restaurant)

Brew from Manhattan Beach

Obviously, Andrew knows what he is talking about, LOL.  In addition to the great, local restaurants, some of my fondest memories from Sardinia was picking up some sausage or salami, cheese, bread and veggies from a farmer's market, grabbing a bottle of local wine and enjoying a makeshift charcuterie picnic on one of the amazing beaches.  Such a great place and the locally grown and made stuff is amazing.