Aloringny

Sardinia, Corsica

Affordable Sardinia

Any affordable places in Sardinia for a retired couple - for about a week's time? Spring time preferred.

Sarah from London, England

we visited a small island just off the coast of Sardinia, reached by ferry. We stayed in Carloforte and loved it. The restaurants were very affordable and we enjoyed travelling on the hotel minibus to a local beach. There were different walks around the town. We also took a boat trip around the island. We went in Summer though, so I don't know how ready for tourists it would be in Spring time. 

1. Carloforte (city)

Sarah from London, England

1. Carloforte (city)

Mara

you can try on the west coast. 

In the inner part there are some small villages were rent house (25 km from the coast)

Sarah from London, England

1. Carloforte (city)

Sarah from London, England

1. Carloforte (city)

Alexander from Los Angeles

We had a chance to visit different parts of Sardinia. I guess the best place for would be Porto Cervo.

This is little city at the Eastern-North part of the island. It's just an hour or so from Olbiaand it's great. The island is full of serpentine roads and in this case you won't need to drive a lot.

Porto Cervo is quiet and beautiful city. There are lot's of great restaurants. I'd say the best ones I've seen at Sardinia. Like luxury Clipper or more affordable Hivaoa.

We spend our vacation at Colonna Park Hotel. It was perfect and I'm sure you'll love it. What's more the price is good for 4-star hotel in such great place. My wife found the hotel via HappyStay app.

I'd recommend you to rent a car once you landed. Otherwise you'll miss a lot. There are many wonderful beaches 15-30 km North from Porto Cervo, don't remember the names. Also you can have a one day trip to La Maddalena island by ferry from city of Palau (Italy).

If you have questions or need more information regarding our stay feel free to ask in comments  or message me directly.

1. Porto Cervo (attraction)
  2. Olbia (city)
  3. Clipper (restaurant)
  4. Hivaoa (restaurant)
  5. Colonna Park Hotel (hotel)
  6. La Maddalena (attraction)
  7. Palau (Italy) (city)